Hi, I recently got a Blackberry 8830 WE and I was wondering how you assign specific ringtones to a specific person? please explain it step by step as I am kinda slow heheh. Thanks
    06-29-08 12:47 PM
    I Think you have to setup exception in your profile for each specific contact.
    06-29-08 02:29 PM
    Open adress book find the contact u want to assign the custom ringtone too... once you find that contact while over there name press the BB menu key which will give you a drop down with options... then click on "add custom rington"

FYI i am running OS 4.5 on my VZW 8830 so my instructions may differ from yours depending on the OS you are running (if i am wrong and the instructions are the same for all OS versions someone please correct me )
    06-29-08 02:45 PM
    Hey Pro, any complaints on 4.5 with the VZW 8830? Debating whether to upgrade or wait for them to release it and work out any bugs if there are any.

Sorry don't mean to high jack the thread.
    06-29-08 04:30 PM
    Hey Pro, any complaints on 4.5 with the VZW 8830? Debating whether to upgrade or wait for them to release it and work out any bugs if there are any.

Sorry don't mean to high jack the thread.
    Honestly, as any Beta program it has its few Bugs ive had it since thursday and so far it has rebooted itself twice...has a memory leak issue as most OS do...the SMS messages all display as urgent (meaning they display a "!" next to them) the trackball doesnt make the clicking noise it used to... however it does also come along with a lot of PRO's ex Htmls Email, better web browser, better calendar, better BBM features (adding someone is way easier) different alert sounds, L theme support, Docs to go etc... here check out this thread...http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/cdm...estions-46316/
    06-29-08 04:44 PM
    Thnx Pro. And thnx for the link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD