How do I set up a task like "Wake UP" to go off each weekday at 7 and also for a meeting reminder every monday and friday at 12:00. I dont want to use calendar because it clutters up the agenda with the repeating fields.

When I try to do this with my 8830 I might get the first reminder but subsequent reminders do not go off once I dismiss. Can this be done?
    08-09-07 09:08 PM
    any ideas or solutions
    08-10-07 02:09 PM
    Your BB has an alarm clock built in called "Alarm". Best part, you can power off your phone using the "Turn Power Off" option, and have it turn the phone part of the BB off, and it will turn back on automatically with your alarm. You can set your alarm to only go off on weekdays, all 7 days, which is REALLY nice. Best part, if there's a day when you dont need the alarm clock (those planned sick days), you can perform the "Full Power Off" and no alarm will be heard. I use this every day.

As for your recurring event for your meeting, just set up a Task that's recurring. Just make sure to mark your task "Complete" before its due, otherwise it will confuse itself and not create the upcoming tasks. Way to do this is to create your task to recur every M and F at 12p, and set it to have a reminder, say, 1 hour beforehand. That gives you 1 hour to go into the task, mark it completed, and the next one will be created dynamically. If you let the task "due date" pass, it will not have the recurrence and you will need to create your task again. I do this also, I have a weekly reminder to backup my laptop and calendars to my SANDS drives, and I've forgotten a few times to mark the reminder complete. Any other questions, let me know.
    08-10-07 06:36 PM
    I do not see those options for the alarm like weekdays and holidays on my 8830
    08-10-07 09:52 PM
    Erhm...the option to have your alarm go off only on weekdays is the first option you encounter when opening the Alarm program. Set it to Weekdays only.

As for holidays, t'aint that smart enough, gotta do it yourself with a Full Power Off.
    08-11-07 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD