Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Usb Port Broken :(

Hi!

My BB's USB port seems to be broken. I have to push the charger up an roll the cable around the cell phone for it to charge, but sadly, this does not seem to be working anymore. Anyone know what can I do for this to be fixed? a website, at- home repair? anything pleaseeee!!!!!!! thanks
  2. SK1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts

Try taking to Sprint. See if you can claim warranty on it. Worse thing they can say is no.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

the thing is.... i did not buy it via Sprint, I bought it @ CompUSA on a closeout sale they had before closing stores here in PR. Sooo i do not have any kind of warranty
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

*Puerto Rico, not Page Ranking* i guess it auto corrected!
  5. SK1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts

I don't know Sprints policy. But the phone should have a one year warranty on it. Just take it in and see what happens.
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

You might be SOL on this. I've heard a few people on here with the same problem and weren't able to get it replaced.
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts

I wonder if it still could be covered by BB since CompUSA is gone. There is nothing to loose by calling them.
    CrackBerry Genius

If you need replacement part check on ebay.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

thank you all!!!
    i will be calling BB tomorrow and check :S
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    PIN
    fell through the Crack

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I wonder if it still could be covered by BB since CompUSA is gone. There is nothing to loose by calling them.
    The Phone is still under BB 1 year warranty. RIM should honor the warranty.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    240906b8

Red face it IS repairable

send it off to BBRepair.com. they fix it and mail it back. I had mine fixed by promobility.com but I WOULD NOT recommend them!! It took EIGHT WEEKS to get my phone back! It was a Horror Story!

BBrepair.com offers the same service, and advertises a 24hour turnaround after receipt of the phone
    The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions~Oliver Wendell Holmes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've never used these folks but you may want to check them out.

Cell Phone Repair Center Doctor Cell Phone Committed to Customer Service and Quality

I decided to look around for repair houses a few weeks ago and came across those folks.
    JC
  13. muu
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by absolutja View Post
    Hi!

My BB's USB port seems to be broken. I have to push the charger up an roll the cable around the cell phone for it to charge, but sadly, this does not seem to be working anymore. Anyone know what can I do for this to be fixed? a website, at- home repair? anything pleaseeee!!!!!!! thanks
    actually sprints pretty good w/ replacing their equipment, i've gotten so many treo's and ppc's replaced on the spot all w/o a headache, their billing issues are another story.

i use a blackberry charging pod for my curve, i dont know if they have them for the 8830 but just go to a sprint store and have them look at it
    ~M~
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    3,620 Global Posts
    PIN
    30517C40

If it is under a year old and you have the receipt RIM will cover it under warranty.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thats what happened to me today and since i bought it off of craigslist i dont have any warranty, so i have to buy a charging cradle
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Try Cell Phone Fixed in Seattle for Blackberry Repairs

Quote Originally Posted by absolutja View Post
    Hi!

I got my broken USB charging port replaced in less than an hour by Cell Phone Fixed in Seattle, WA. They also do mail in repairs. Their website is just their name: cellphonefixed
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking No do this all you guys are stupid

Just buy the charging stand port. Look at the back of your phone geniuses see those two little golden things ya you can charge your phone through those. O ya bye the way all you guys move out of your parents houses already your life is weak. Ill take a dump on all your lives.

have a nice day kooks
    CrackBerry User

VZW sent my phone in for like $50 or so and I had to get the phone replaced, about a week. Like 8 months later its happening again though, annoying. Make sure you are backing up on the desktop mgr so its easy to transfer to new phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

They sell the replacement part on cnn.cn for cheap, that is, if you are good with some soldering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

It really sucks... mine broke on a 8310 too... no warranty; had to send it out for repairs but I wish I'd just bought a cradle charger. I hope my new 8900 does not have the same problem!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have a ink PIN

Smile mine was an easy fix

I thought my usb port was broken. Turns out remembering my son stuck the end of my charger in play dough, I dug it out and plugged it in. Little did I know some was still in the charger part and it clogged one of the 5 pins in the phone part.
    They are spring loaded and if one is stuck it doesn't make contact until you wiggle the plug. a needle and canned air solved my problem.
    This might not help some, but I just wanted to share it. I used a lighted magnifying glass to find it. I unstuck the pin and it works fine.

I hope this helps
    CrackBerry Newbie

You're a little **** head aren't you? I'm sure you're the one sitting in your parents basement, wiping Cheeto cheese off your fingers before you type. Go troll somewhere else ******
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ps. "Itakedumps420" your username speaks for itself. Sit down.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's been 3+ years since his post so he may have moved out...

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrybold777 View Post
    You're a little **** head aren't you? I'm sure you're the one sitting in your parents basement, wiping Cheeto cheese off your fingers before you type. Go troll somewhere else ******

Posted via CB10