I realize I post this in wrong section so I am repost in the right thread...

I have two question relate to 8830

How can I turn off the led green light when I turn off my 8830 I notice it lit up when I turn off at night time is there any way it can be turned off?

Is there any way I can preserve the battery I notice in 5 hours it run LOW on battery.. I did turn down the backlight to 30 and I am not sure what else I could do to save the battery any idea?
    02-11-08 06:40 PM
    1.to turn off the green light..go to options>screen/keyboard>scroll to LED coverage indicator>trackball>off>save

2. bluetooth uses lots of battery juice...gps...facebook...are all battery hogs... close programs you finish with...

-db
    02-11-08 06:57 PM
    I did check led coverage its already off... It still lit up light when I turn off my device...

I do not use bluetooth, gps, facebook still my battery is low.
    02-11-08 07:47 PM
    If you "Turn off" the phone it's not really turning anything off. The green led will only turn on when you charge with the phone off, which is probably your case. Hold down Mute for a few secs and you'll enter standby if you must, but leaving the phone On will make it completely dark at night and it won't eat your battery. If it does, you have something running in the background that shouldn't be there... or there's a defect on your phone.
    02-11-08 11:07 PM
    BB are scary. They are like machines that never sleep.
    02-12-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD