I just bought a used 8830 off ebay to hold me over till the Tour comes around. When I tried to set up my email accounts on the phone it gives me the error that the device is already registered to a different account and won't let me register my own email accounts. It gives me a phone number to Verizon and an email to Verizon as well. I've already emailed Verizon but haven't heard back yet. Anyone have a solution? It's not the end of the world if I have to go a month or two without email on my phone but at the same time it kind of sucks.
    06-07-09 10:22 AM
    I don't think there is anything you can do other than call Customer Service. Call in addition to the email you already sent. Customer Service will be able to solve the problem for you.
    06-07-09 10:29 AM
    Yea, I would call cust service.
    Out of curiosity, did you try this from the phone or by going to blackberry.com/go/vzw?

Also, did you wipe the device first?
    Last edited by esalonia; 06-07-09 at 12:41 PM.
    06-07-09 12:33 PM
    As soon as I got it I updated to OS 4.5. All of his personal info was clear of the phone. Beyond that I don't really know how you would go about wiping anything else. I assume the email account on RIMs server is registered to the device's PIN so the wipe wouldn't free that up. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not exactly an expert by any means. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 03:58 PM
    ...I assume the email account on RIMs server is registered to the device's PIN so the wipe wouldn't free that up. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not exactly an expert by any means. Thanks...
    Your assumption is correct. Since the previous owner didn't release the pin, you need to contact Customer Service and ask that it be done.
    06-07-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD