I installed the desktop manager on my comp at home and when i try to go to the media manager a window pops up asking my for my http server (which i dont have) and then the roxio picture comes up and just freezes. After that, i have to shut down everything. I have tried numerous times reinstalling the desktop maager program, but it still happens? any help please!
    08-24-07 06:24 PM
    ...when you installed Desktop Manager, did you choose the BlackBerry Internet Service option, or the Exchange, BlackBerry Enterprise Server option?

Either way, uninstall it, and reinstall it MAKING SURE to choose the correct one. I take it you're NOT on BES, right?
    08-26-07 10:48 AM
    ...when you installed Desktop Manager, did you choose the BlackBerry Internet Service option, or the Exchange, BlackBerry Enterprise Server option?

Either way, uninstall it, and reinstall it MAKING SURE to choose the correct one. I take it you're NOT on BES, right?
    I odnt rem which one i chose. This is my first BB, so I am unclear with most of the tech gargin that everone uses. I have no idea the diff from internet service, or the enterprise, or what BES is?

So I really have no idea how to answer your question
    08-26-07 01:25 PM
    can anyone help?
    08-28-07 09:39 AM
    Is your BlackBerry connected at work, to your companies work email server? If no, then you're on BIS (without me going into too much detail)...

So, like I was saying before...
    "Either way, uninstall it, and reinstall it MAKING SURE to choose BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)"...
    08-28-07 12:20 PM
    I already hooked up my email before i even installed the desktop mgr. Its been up and running for over a week now with no problems..I access my work email via an exchange server.

So with that knowledge, should i still uninstall and go under the BIS?
    08-28-07 02:55 PM
    If you don't want it to ask for the server, or have it trying to connect to 'A' domain...
    08-28-07 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD