I have not seen this on the site at all and I am sure it is covered somewhere. I am flying to Florida and I am unsure if there is an airplane mode or not, similarly to the Nextel phones?
    05-12-08 03:08 PM
    It is not called Airplane Mode... but yes:

Go to Manage Connections and UNcheck or disable your Mobile connection. You will lose your signal, and proceed to power off the device, completely, not just standby mode.

When the Captain says it is ok for electronics, Just turn on your BB, and the mobile connection will be off (having saved the setting in which it was powered down).

You are good to go.

Upon reaching your destination, remember to enable the mobile connection after powering on.

Have a good trip.
    05-12-08 03:36 PM
    Good to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 03:54 PM
    Yes. In your application menu turn wireless off. That does not turn off the phone, just the wireless.

05-12-08 04:26 PM
    I'm lost here, i have a question what does keeping the cell phone off has to do with disable the wireless? If the phone will be kept off. Or its that u can turn it back on and use it on the plane? I ask cuz I will be traveling as well on june

05-12-08 04:32 PM
    I fly every other week. It�s real simple, go to the icon �Manage Connections� click on �turn all connections off�, then power down. Once the flight attendant or pilot let you know its ok, I power on and listen to my music. To turn back on once you land, go to the icon �Manage Connections� click on �restore connections�. You can even see the mobile network go from red to green and back again. Your Bluetooth will be included in this.
    05-12-08 07:44 PM
    THanks for all the answers this definitely helps. I know I will be able to put together a few emails and stuff while flying now.
    05-13-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD