Hey, anyone who might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

I woke up Sunday and attempted to use the trackball and while it scrolled without issue, it would not click. I could still physically push down on the trackball to click it, but the phone would not register anything. This is the 3rd time that my 8830's has had this issue, and I've replaced the phone twice thus far without issue.

I went to VZW and due to the fact that I am now past the 1 year mark on the phone they said that there was nothing they could do, but mentioned that clearly if this is the third time this is happening that it is an issue with the phone itself, as I have had no water damage or anything like that with any of the phones thus far.

They attempted to replace the trackball with no luck and said that I could upgrade now if I wanted to (which clearly I don't as there is at least 1 new VZA Berry coming out this summer) or pay the $50 deductible for insurance which I also don't want to do as I won't have the phone more than a few months.

Any ideas? Anybody have anything that could help me?

Thanks is advance everyone.
    05-18-09 04:42 PM
    Well if a new trackball didnt work, then I would pay the $50 deductible and use the insurance replacement until you get a newer BB and then just sell the insurance replacement device.
    05-18-09 05:03 PM
    You can just order a new trackball assembly for about 10 bucks and pop it in yourself...
    05-19-09 08:17 AM
    The Co. I'm with has 6 of the 8830's 5 have had trackball issues. Mine is the latest. It's not a big deal to pull the trackball assembly out. My thumbnail is currently long enough to do it. In the hole cavity was a collection of lint/thumb residue(whatever you may call it) right in the center that is easily removed. You may want to give it a try.
    05-20-09 05:07 PM
    I have the 8830 also, and the trackball issue really IS bad. Mine's doing this thing where it will scroll in all directions but one. And even that changes sometimes. I would suggest holding the trackball in place for a second with your fingernail, and then wipe around it with a q-tip that has alcohol on it. Rubbing alcohol obviously, but then just move the trackball and keep going. That might help with the phone not registering the trackball's movements.
    05-24-09 09:26 PM
    I have the 8830 also, and the trackball issue really IS bad. Mine's doing this thing where it will scroll in all directions but one. And even that changes sometimes. I would suggest holding the trackball in place for a second with your fingernail, and then wipe around it with a q-tip that has alcohol on it. Rubbing alcohol obviously, but then just move the trackball and keep going. That might help with the phone not registering the trackball's movements.
    Good suggestion. I am experiencing the same issue! Very random
    05-26-09 10:28 AM
    I have had occasional issues with my trackball, but not that often. It seems like when it looses responsiveness, it is due to some small piece of debris that has managed to get into it.

The rubbing alcohol is a good idea. However, I've always been able to correct mine with more emphatic and vigorous use of the trackball in an effort to dislodge the debris.
    05-26-09 11:55 AM
    I also had several similar trackball problems. Ordered a new one from the crackberry.com store and it arrived today. I just popped it in about 30 minutes ago, and it's rockin' along like a champ!
    05-26-09 05:58 PM
    yea, rubbing alcohol is the way to go. LOL @ Iluvbeer2. nice username. I've tried moving the trackball a little more vigorously myself, it doesn't always work but sometimes it will.
    05-26-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD