Ok, I can scroll up and down, side to side, but my trackball won't "click". I have to hit enter. My return key doesn't work, as well as the delete key. I haven't dropped it in a while. Should I take it to the Verizon Store and ask for a new unit?
    11-08-07 09:30 PM
    I would absolutely do that. Even though they dont offer insurance they will cover the phone for one year.
    11-08-07 09:38 PM
    Even though they dont offer insurance they will cover the phone for one year.
    Who says they don't? I have insurance on mine.
    11-08-07 09:49 PM
    I do have insurance! I did a battery pull 3 times to no avail. Should I try wiping it? Reinstalling the OS? Or should I go to Verizon tommorow afternoon?
    11-08-07 09:54 PM
    I do have insurance! I did a battery pull 3 times to no avail. Should I try wiping it? Reinstalling the OS? Or should I go to Verizon tommorow afternoon?
    Have you read this thread? http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/solv...problems-3243/ See if any of it helps. If not, then definitely take it back.
    11-08-07 09:57 PM
    I really don't want to take anything apart, and if Verizon will give me a free one, I am leaning towards that decision.
    11-08-07 09:59 PM
    Now it won't turn on. It just turned off by itself! The battery was full but I just plugged in as well! Help!!!!!!
    11-08-07 10:02 PM
    I really don't want to take anything apart, and if Verizon will give me a free one, I am leaning towards that decision.
    By all means take it in then. That's what the warranty is for.
    Now it won't turn on. It just turned off by itself! The battery was full but I just plugged in as well! Help!!!!!!
    Pull the battery out and restart, see what happens.
    11-08-07 10:04 PM
    This phone isn't even 6 months old! Battery pull turned the back on, but the trackball is still dead! Should I take it in?
    11-08-07 10:05 PM
    All right then, I will take it in tommorow!
    Last edited by Tylerd; 11-08-07 at 10:12 PM.
    11-08-07 10:06 PM
    Tylerd I really don't want to take anything apart, and if Verizon will give me a free one, I am leaning towards that decision.

If they don't give you that free one for some reason.. cellular.cn has trackballs you can buy for cheap, they send it from hongkong and takes a little while to ship but it's worth it. Make sure you also buy the T5 torque screwdriver to take your phone apart... I had a blackberry with a cracked screen and that website sent me a fresh crisp screen for 4.99 and the screwdriver was 4.99 too so for $10 bucks i got a perfect new looking Curve and I love it.
    11-08-07 10:22 PM
    Thank you, I was actually planning on buying the black housing kit from there!
    11-08-07 10:23 PM
    np

Yeah I need some housing too I also bought this cool thing that lets me charge my blackberry with a double A battery from there for also 4.99! they call it a "Mobile Phone Emergency Charger" I use it to charge my phone or my wireless Bluetooth headphones when I'm out and about and away from a wallsocket or without my charger for long periods of time.. good stuffs! I highly recommend buying from that website only thing is the shipping method I used (Regular airmail) for $5 takes 7-10 days and it felt like foreverrrr lol but it's well worth waiting for!
    11-08-07 10:35 PM
    Wow. That's neat.
    Hope you get it resolved!

I'm heading over to that website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-07 10:55 PM
    Ok, now the power button doesn't work! I have to do a battery pull for the phone to work. I haven't dropped the phone in a long time, but there are a ton of scratches on the phone. A month after I got it I had a HUGE drop, and it scratched the whole phone. Do you think they will believe me (Verizon Store Dudes) or will they make me buy a new phone?
    Last edited by Tylerd; 11-09-07 at 08:34 AM.
    11-09-07 08:15 AM
    Do you think they will believe me (Verizon Store Dudes) or will they make me buy a new phone?
    If they do, at least you have insurance. File a claim with Asurion (888-881-2622) and pay the $50 deductible.
    11-09-07 09:22 AM
    Ok, here is the deal. I am going to go to the Verizon store either this afternoon, or first thing tomorrow. Cross your fingers everything gets resolved!
    11-09-07 10:55 AM
    Well. As mentioned above someone said you should be able to get it replaced within the first year. I don't see why they wouldn't replace it. Its a shot. But with all the trouble you seem to be having even if you can't get it replaced you might as well go ahead and purchase a new one. You could always sell the broken one on ebay. There's a possibility someone out there could fix it. You'll never know unless you try!

Goodluck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-07 11:16 AM
    Ok! Got my new phone this morning. Now when I am trying to Change Device on Blackberry Internet Service, it says it is not valid with my sservice provider. Any ideas?
    11-10-07 10:01 AM
    Ok! Got my new phone this morning. Now when I am trying to Change Device on Blackberry Internet Service, it says it is not valid with my sservice provider. Any ideas?
    All I needed to do was reset my device, duh! Thanks for everyones help! Mods go ahead and close the thread!
    11-10-07 12:22 PM
    My trackball wouldn't click starting today either. I haven't had it for even an entire month yet!

Hopefully I can get the problem resolved soon...

Edit: I have the 8830 through Sprint
    11-10-07 08:04 PM
    Take it to the store. I know Verizon gives you a unit free, because of the warranty. I do not know about Sprint. Did you get insurance?
    11-10-07 08:50 PM
    Yes, I have the insurance. My phone was on order already for nearly two weeks for other reasons, but it hasn't arrived. They just placed another order today so hopefully it should arrive by Thursday. Whew.
    11-10-07 08:54 PM
    how did you get insurance on your bb?? im with att and they dont offer it and i have the 8300 curve???
    11-11-07 01:57 AM
    I don't know. I know there is an insurance company that does cel phones through your carrier. Call ATT
    11-11-07 03:02 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD