I got a 8830 a week ago and its really new to me so I've been trying to figure it out. I have a problem with my trackball though.. It skips scrolling to the left like i really have to push it down and left to get it to move. I have the same trouble with my mighty mouse trackball and I have to clean this about every month or so. I cleaned it and rubbed it on a piece of paper and it still gets stuck. I think I'm going to bring it back and get a new one.. Is this something that will happen often?
    09-05-07 02:45 PM
    Try blowing really hard into the gap, or using canned air. Use a case, don't carry your BB in your pocket (if that's what you're doing), or, if worse comes to worst, there are instructions for removing it and cleaning it.
    09-05-07 03:25 PM
    The trackball occasionally stops moving in one direction when it gets dirt/lint in it. RIM recommends to push the trackball and roll in the affected direction. It may take a few times of doing this. This is the method you'll find at BlackBerry for fixing a stuck trackball.
    09-05-07 07:59 PM
    Okay cool I got it back up working. What I really need to do is buy another case, the one that comes with the blackberry is too bulky. I'm a simplistic person and I need something very very small and low profile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-07 10:21 PM
    I am sure this not the case, but i was messing with Trackball settings on my 8800 last night and when i set Vertical and Horizontal to 100, the thing had a mind of it's own!

I eventualy settled both at 70 and the operation is fine!

Regards
    Tracking
    09-06-07 03:52 AM
    Thanks for that info, just had the same problem and went into a little panic thinking of being without my blackberry 8330 today, wow.
    How did I survive without this thing before I got it????
    04-09-09 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD