well, Verizon sent me my a replacement phone as no one was able to figure out my problem with vibration profile not working despite trying many different combinations. SO this makes my third 8830 WE which I love despite it being my third replacement phone. Luckily I always have issues inside my warantee. I talked with Verizon today asking for a Storm at a discounted price. I talked to a 'supervisor' but no go. They'll do it IF this third one fails. This is an unsatisfactory answer to me. I'm physically going to my Verizon store when it opens tomorrow and see if they can help me. If I didn't like my WE 8830 so much I'd switch to a different Verizon phone. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    01-02-09 12:35 PM
    Unfortunately, this is company policy for Verizon. They will not upgrade you to a better device at a discounted price until you have received 3 faulty devices. I honestly wouldn't even waste the gas driving to your local Verizon store - there is nothing they can do.
    01-02-09 12:40 PM
    Unfortunately, this is company policy for Verizon. They will not upgrade you to a better device at a discounted price until you have received 3 faulty devices. I honestly wouldn't even waste the gas driving to your local Verizon store - there is nothing they can do.
    +1 they are going to make you mad with their ignorance....
    01-02-09 12:58 PM
    well, I joined Crackberry for advice so I'm listening and I will not waste gas or breath arguing with these folks. I'll just lick my wounds and reload my third phone. No matter, I still LUV my 8830 WE.
    01-02-09 03:22 PM
    and all seems to work fine. Thanks everyone at Crackberry who helped me. You're all awesome and know SO MUCH more than some of those at Verizon. Take care and until the next time.
    01-02-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD