Other than opening, scrolling down to delete, pressing delete & then choosing - On Mailbox & Handheld or On Handheld
    02-15-08 08:50 AM
    You could select the date, press menu and select "delete prior." This clears the messages off of your blackberry.

James
    02-15-08 08:53 AM
    Just note, James' solution will delete ALL messages prior to that date. Just want to be clear.

You can also change the setting so that it always deletes from either the handheld, or the server, or both. I believe it is in the Messages>Options>Email settings. You can Chane the setting for each email account independently of each other. For example my work email I have set to delete fro both handheld and server, cuz I get a lot of spam I manually delete. But my gmail I only delete from my handheld, since I want to retain everything on my gmail.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 09:08 AM
    Also note that if you "Delete Prior" it only deletes it form the handheld, not from both handheld and mailbox.
    02-15-08 09:53 AM
    Just note, James' solution will delete ALL messages prior to that date. Just want to be clear.

You can also change the setting so that it always deletes from either the handheld, or the server, or both. I believe it is in the Messages>Options>Email settings. You can Chane the setting for each email account independently of each other. For example my work email I have set to delete fro both handheld and server, cuz I get a lot of spam I manually delete. But my gmail I only delete from my handheld, since I want to retain everything on my gmail.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the Tip!! I didnt know that!
    02-15-08 10:40 AM
    you could also select multiple messages by pressing 'shift' button while scrolling on the messages.... this highlights the messages and u can just press the menu button for 'delete' options.
    02-15-08 11:05 AM
    you could also select multiple messages by pressing 'shift' button while scrolling on the messages.... this highlights the messages and u can just press the menu button for 'delete' options.
    That's a sweet tip!

I also just noticed that if you have a message highlighted, you can hit menu, scroll down to search sender or search subject, which will display all messages from that sender or with that subject, respectivley. Brilliant!
    I love Blackberry!

Then you can use JayT's tip, hold the shift button down while scrolling and highlight all those search results and then hit delete.
    02-16-08 02:18 PM
    Also note that if you "Delete Prior" it only deletes it form the handheld, not from both handheld and mailbox.
    I am fairly certain this is incorrect. It depends on what your Email Reconciliation Settings are set to.
    02-16-08 03:41 PM
    My menu does not have a "Delete Prior" option.
    02-17-08 08:41 PM
    Press the DELETE button instead of opening the menu.
    02-17-08 08:55 PM
    My menu does not have a "Delete Prior" option.
    Make sure you have the date highlighted, and not an email message.
    02-18-08 12:35 PM
    Somewhat like JayT's tip, is there any key that you can hold or press that will allow "multiple select" like you would by holding the Ctrl key in windows? So you could scroll through a list and select multiple, but not necessarily adjacent, items?
    02-18-08 02:12 PM
    Somewhat like JayT's tip, is there any key that you can hold or press that will allow "multiple select" like you would by holding the Ctrl key in windows? So you could scroll through a list and select multiple, but not necessarily adjacent, items?
    I haven't seen/read of a way to do this.
    02-20-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD