I use to have a Palm Treo 650 and upgraded to the 8830. Still trying to figure it all out.

Can't figure out this one though. When I am texting back and forth to someone, if i view the conversation it lists both of our texts, which is good, but I can't tell which one (visually) I sent and which one they sent. It looks as if they sent all of the texts in the conversation. Palms actually list your name in front of the texts first in each conversation. Much like an AIM conversation would look
    10-22-07 07:42 PM
    Im not quite clear if you're opening the the text or looking at them listed in the message folder. But if you go into messages, click options, general options, hide sent messages, then yes. That way, you only see the message they sent.

Otherwise, go into messages, hit alt+o, scroll up to the top, hit menu and delete prior. Now when you see the messages after you open them, only theirs will be listed.
    10-22-07 08:07 PM
    opening the text. The thing is I WANT to see my texts too, and I am, my question is how do you know which are yours and which are theirs? It lists my texts right above theirs when I respond but if someone were looking at it, it looks like the other person sent all of them to me. It doesn't have a way to show who sent which text while looking at them together
    10-22-07 08:14 PM
    You cant tell - unless you remember what you wrote. Sorry.
    10-22-07 08:20 PM
    that is unbelievably stupid. Yet another reason Palm is more advanved.
    10-22-07 08:25 PM
    I would have to agree that this one primitive way of listing messages is "dumb" but Palm is more advanced than RIM? If you're speaking about UI, then perhaps.

However, I cant recall BlackBerry users suing RIM due to phones suffering from extremely poor sound quality and buzzing, choppiness, speakerphone problems, poor and broken screens, phone crashes, software crashes and electrical surges. And when Palm replaced phones in response to these problems they replicated the problems by providing consumers refurbished phones subject to identical issues.
    10-22-07 08:31 PM
    well said........
    10-23-07 03:58 PM
    Well I am still adjusting to the blackberry, so weird not having a touchscreen, but a few things I find are just absolutely stupid. First the text messages, i mean come on even crappy little LG phones get this right, but now I find out you can't have the phone Ring & Vibrate at the same time. It has to vibrate then ring. This is beyond ********. How could you even have phones popular with this absolutely stupid way of ringing. Again almost all crap phones do this properly. I will say this much though. The Blackberry sounds sooo much better. Better connection, better sound, period. But it has some serious outdated stupid features too.
    10-24-07 01:12 AM
    I believe sent messages have a check mark next to it and received messages have an open envelope next to it.
    11-15-07 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD