is there a way i can change from a small beep to something louder. i cant hear it when i get a text message.

ty all for the help
    03-11-08 10:24 PM
    03-11-08 10:33 PM
    Yes, you can change the alert profile for any tone you like. Activate the profile you want to change, scroll to profiles in your applications list, scroll down to "advanced," select the active profile, then from the list you can change the alert profile for any of the options (i.e. phone, SMS, email, etc).

There have been several reports of problems with the ringtones being too quiet on the 8830; for this, there is no real solution that I am aware of.

Does this answer your question?

Good luck!
    03-11-08 10:36 PM
    yes it does ty all for the help
    Yes, you can change the alert profile for any tone you like. Activate the profile you want to change, scroll to profiles in your applications list, scroll down to "advanced," select the active profile, then from the list you can change the alert profile for any of the options (i.e. phone, SMS, email, etc).

There have been several reports of problems with the ringtones being too quiet on the 8830; for this, there is no real solution that I am aware of.

Does this answer your question?

Good luck!
    03-11-08 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD