Picked up a talk mobile sim card to put in my phone after landing in London. Once I got to hotel I discovered that the b/berry does not recognize the card. With the card installed, the message "Insert SIM card" shows up on my display. The SIM appears to be good. I had a co-worker install it in his phone and it worked fine.

Has anyone else run into this before? Are there certain SIM cards not recognized?
    07-08-09 09:31 AM
    Picked up a talk mobile sim card to put in my phone after landing in London. Once I got to hotel I discovered that the b/berry does not recognize the card. With the card installed, the message "Insert SIM card" shows up on my display. The SIM appears to be good. I had a co-worker install it in his phone and it worked fine.

Has anyone else run into this before? Are there certain SIM cards not recognized?
    Is your device branded to a carrier if so it will not work.
    07-08-09 09:38 AM
    Did you call Verizon in advance and have them give you the procedure and unlock code to allow "foreign" sim cards to function?
    07-08-09 10:38 AM
    yes my phone is unlocked. My go-sim card that I purchased card earlier this year didn't have any issues.

Very aggravating to spend 20 pounds on a card and 250 minutes for it not to work. I have not heard of any global sim cards not working in these phones
    07-08-09 03:41 PM
    may be a bad SIM reader. See if some nice chap on the street will let you borrow his/hers SIM to test with.
    07-10-09 12:00 AM
    actually I tried a working talk mobile sim in my phone and had the same problem. Then I had the individual put the sim card I bought in his phone and it worked fine. For some reason the BB doesn't like it
    07-10-09 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD