Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Talk Mobile SIM card not working

Picked up a talk mobile sim card to put in my phone after landing in London. Once I got to hotel I discovered that the b/berry does not recognize the card. With the card installed, the message "Insert SIM card" shows up on my display. The SIM appears to be good. I had a co-worker install it in his phone and it worked fine.

Has anyone else run into this before? Are there certain SIM cards not recognized?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
    Picked up a talk mobile sim card to put in my phone after landing in London. Once I got to hotel I discovered that the b/berry does not recognize the card. With the card installed, the message "Insert SIM card" shows up on my display. The SIM appears to be good. I had a co-worker install it in his phone and it worked fine.

Has anyone else run into this before? Are there certain SIM cards not recognized?
    Is your device branded to a carrier if so it will not work.

Did you call Verizon in advance and have them give you the procedure and unlock code to allow "foreign" sim cards to function?
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

yes my phone is unlocked. My go-sim card that I purchased card earlier this year didn't have any issues.

Very aggravating to spend 20 pounds on a card and 250 minutes for it not to work. I have not heard of any global sim cards not working in these phones
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts

may be a bad SIM reader. See if some nice chap on the street will let you borrow his/hers SIM to test with.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

actually I tried a working talk mobile sim in my phone and had the same problem. Then I had the individual put the sim card I bought in his phone and it worked fine. For some reason the BB doesn't like it