Greetings All:
    I�m the proud new owner of an 8830 (first BBerry), and would like to know if there is an easy way to sync more than one copy of Outlook. I am set up with Outlook 2003 Professional at work, and get my email pushed via Enterprise Server from my IT department. At home I use Outlook 2007 Professional, basically keeping my business and personal life separate. I�d like to be able to get at least my calendars, and maybe notes or tasks and contacts, but I do not need to get my home (Outlook 2007) email on the BBerry. Is there a (simple) way to do this? And without a third party application? Thanks for any assist! Note that I (think) I am OK with cross-pollination, meaning, if I sync at work, and then come home, and then sync, my work calendar/tasks/notes would now be synced to my home calendar/tasks/notes, etc.
    08-06-07 06:53 PM
    You can sync as many as you want, but be aware it will merge the data for ALL the Outlook profiles...
    08-07-07 07:11 AM
    Also, be aware that it's always a strong advisory to not sync to more than one computer due to potential complications. Syncing between Outlook 03 and 07 also raises issues. One of my users does this very thing and whacked out his Palm and its associated data by syncing them. I'm not saying dont do it, but be forewarned, and back up your data often!
    08-07-07 06:29 PM
    I have the same set up as SatDoug, but both versions of outlook are 2003. I am synced wirelessly w/ the enterprise server at work and using VZ accessmanager on my home e-mail. I have only linked one home e-mail profile, though I have several. I have set up multiple POP accounts on the BB. The calendar and contacts are synced between work and the primary home e-mail account. I know you said you don't need your home e-mail on the BB, but it's easy to set up the POP accounts. According to BB tech support, however, the BB won't sync e-mails between the BB and the home e-mail. In other words if you delete an e-mail for a POP account on the BB, it won't delete on the home e-mail.
    08-08-07 10:39 PM
    You can sync as many as you want, but be aware it will merge the data for ALL the Outlook profiles...
    I will soon be getting my Blackberry, and I would like to have the same setup as SatDoug above. Navilyn, are you saying that in order to sync my organizer data for my work computer (via BES) and personal computer (via desktop manager), i will essentially have to have all of the same information on my home comp, work comp and BB rather than somehow keep them separate? I have spent about a day trying to figure out how I plan to sync everything without merging all of the data on both computers. I don't mind having all the info on my BB, but not on each comp if possible. Let me know if there is a link to a post or some document that describes how to have this type of setup. I've searched through the forum and this post was the closest to my particular situation (BES at work, DM at home; all used to sync organizer data only). Thanks!
    09-18-07 06:37 AM
    I have spent about a day trying to figure out how I plan to sync everything without merging all of the data on both computers. I don't mind having all the info on my BB, but not on each comp if possible.
    A couple of points: It depends on what you mean by all data. You can sync your calendar, contacts, etc between work (on BES), your BB and at least one home computer. Your e-mails will not be synced, which as I read your note, is your concern. That is, your work e-mails will not show up on your home computer and your home e-mails will not show up at work. However the other info � contacts, calendar etc will be merged on all three devices.

I believe you can choose in desktop manager which items (calendar, contacts, tasks) you want to sync. But, I am not aware that you can sync in only one direction (e.g., calendar fon BB to home desktop, but not desktop to BB). Once you sync data from your home computer, it will then be wirelessly synced back to work thru the BES.

One practical point in doing the desktop manager sync at home if you are on a BES -- BB tech support told me to turn off wireless sync for my contacts and calendar first on the BES, then use DM. To turn them off, on your BB go into calendar, press options, go the bottom and turn off wireless sync. Do the same for contacts. After your sync at home, turn the wireless back on for each.

Have others tried syncing with a second desktop computer for calendar and contacts (in addition to the BES?) I have another office I work in and would love to have my contacts and calendar there as well, but am wary of messing things up.

And, back everything up on the BB and the desktop before doing this the first time, just in case.

If you don't like what happened when you used DM to link your home desktop to the BB, don't turn on the wireless BES again until you've deleted the data on your BB (how to do that is the subject of another discussion). If you delete the info on your BB, then turn BES wireless sync on again, the BES will bring your most current work info back to your BB. Then you can start all over.
    09-18-07 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the reply, masmusic. I think I've decided that the easiest thing to do with the least hassle will be to have all the same data synced on all three devices, kind of like what you mention above. In fact, I think an easier solution may be to just load all of my personal info onto my work computer (via import/export, etc.) before the first sync using BES. This way, I won't even have to use DM. My BB will essentially replace my home comp as my primary organization source, if that makes any sense. Thanks again for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-07 07:03 PM
    What you propose would work, but is probably not necessary, especially if you believe you will want the info - contacts as example -- on home and work computers. My set up has worked flawlessly so far and that is over about 7 weeks. As a practical matter, I only use DM sync at home ocassionally as needed. The whole thing -- turning off the BES wireless sync, syncing and then turning it on again takes less than 10 minutes.

Good luck with it.
    09-20-07 05:22 PM
    I have been trying to do the same thing (sync work computer using BES wireless and then sync Outlook to my home computer). I do the turn off the wireless sync then use the Destop Manager on my home computer. However, whenever I do this, after the sync with my home computer it messes up my BB Calendar. When I go into the BB Calendar to turn on the Wireless sync again, that option disappears!! Any help on this?
    09-24-07 08:46 AM
    Can't help with that one. If no one else has advice, I'd check with RIM thru Sprint/Nextel. I found RIM to be most knowledgeable and helpful. (I have Verizon)
    09-24-07 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD