Hi,
    I am having the toughest time syncing my bb with my 2006 325 xi bmw bluetooth hands free system. it gets about half way through syncing, then stops. i did a bunch of searches, the only help i could get was to update the o.s. for the bb, which i did with still not luck.
    anyone else have this problem, and find a way to fix it?
    09-29-07 07:57 PM
    I have an '06 Z4 30ci, and got the 8830 at the start of August. It took me a couple of tries to get the thing connected, but it was mostly user error (I don't remember exactly, the salesguy set it up for me when I bought the car.)

The hardest part was finding the BT connection ID, as it isn't 0000 or 1234 like headsets. It should be in your manual. BTW, unlike my LG, the BT works perfectly with my bimmer. I can access the whole contacts list, where on my LG I could only get the last number called.
    09-30-07 12:45 AM
    is that right? i need a specific code of sync? my read of the bmw manuel says it doesnt have to be a specific code, just has to be the same forphone and car. anyone know what the code is for the 8830?
    09-30-07 06:29 AM
    It's not the id of the phone, it's the id of the car. In your leather binder with all the little books about the workings of the car (owners manuals) there is a card with, if I recall correctly, your VIN, various things specific to your vehicle, and the BT connection ID. I think that's what fazed me, I may have had to type it in in numbers, hitting alt every time, before it timed out? Or something like that. I can check later if you need.
    10-01-07 01:14 PM
    You're right on, draghkar! There's a plastic card in a slot in the owner's manual binder that has the access code.
    10-01-07 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD