I have a question, I just purchased a Treo 700wx, and the add-on wifi card. I am using the Verizon service. I found out, that I can only sync email via wifi every 5 minutes and the card basically stops / starts when the phone "turns off" after my set time to conserve battery. The card actually wears down the battery. I am using Exchange 2007 as well. I work for a school district who isnt sure they want to buy the data plan so I did the wifi thing so I could sync things while I'm in the school (completely wireless), home, friend's, etc.. Wifi is everywhere for the most part.

Here is my question, does the 8830 WE, with BES Professional installed allow you to sync over wifi rather than using the Blackberry data plans? Will the sync be real time as long as there is an enabled wifi connection? With the Treo, when you click "As Items Arrive" which then uses the "push" feature of Exchange, it says "As Items Arrive requires Cellular service." I assume this is because the phone isnt built in wifi, and I am using an add on feature. I figure with integrated wifi, etc.. the battery power will hold longer and the Treo just has some other issues. I like what I have now, because its a WM 5.0, but I should of researched the BB more before I bought the treo.

Thank you in advance.
    01-05-08 02:38 PM
    There is no wifi on the 8830.
    01-05-08 02:49 PM
    What about the Pearl 8120? Can I sync my 8120 over WiFi network?
    08-19-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD