OK, I heard about the new $30 Sprint Unlimited data plan so I changed to that from the plan I picked a week ago when I picked up my blackberry. Since I made that change I cannot get any email or access the internet at all. I have made no less than 5 calls to Sprint and they don't seem to know what to do. I pulled the battery, I manually programmed it and nada.
    11-21-07 09:57 AM
    Welcome to the world of Sprint. Although all carriers have their issues, Sprint is especially 'special.' If you can, cancel and switch providers before your nightmare grows...
    11-21-07 10:18 AM
    Spider, if you're gonna post something on here, don't waste everyones time bashing networks and actually help the person out.

Royal- There are a couple things this could be. Programming is definitely not the issue. It sounds like either you account has not been provisioned correctly or your phone itself has not been provisioned correctly. Your account provisioning must be handled by customer care unfortunately. They've gotta get your user name and password correct. However, you must also provision the phone itself, which is the first thing i'd try. In your mobile network options press the blackberry button and you'll notice at the top an option to "start provisioning." Do this and give it a little time and see if that works. Also keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours (EXTREMELY rare) for provisioning to completly go through on your account. Hope this helps and good luck!
    11-25-07 11:18 PM
    I wonder if since the plan is so new the reps you talked to didn't put the correct plan code in the system....

Make sure they added a Blackberry Data Plan and not some other data plan.

When you do STLKeeper's suggestion above.... if 1012 provisioning failed error....Sprint needs to fix it.

Good luck!
    11-25-07 11:23 PM
    I have heard of this happening to a few different people on sprint. What they ended up doing was switching phones on the account to a basic phone then back to the BB. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-07 11:24 PM
    I actually found someone at sprint that figured out how to do the new plan. He was really helpful and made sure I could get on the internet and everything before we hung up if you still need help ask for Travis he was great.
    11-27-07 07:56 AM
    Thank you so much! This worked and I am now sending and receiving emails with a passion.
    Royaltrez
    11-27-07 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD