I just recently purchased the BBWE and started up a new contract with Telus and just passed my 30-day limit for exchanging the phone. I was thinking I would try arguing the point that the Tour is supposed to be the updated version of the World Edition and the fact that they did not inform me of that when I purchased my phone, in hopes that I could simply pay the difference between the handsets. What do you think my chances are of being successful?
    07-20-09 09:15 PM
    I just recently purchased the BBWE and started up a new contract with Telus and just passed my 30-day limit for exchanging the phone. I was thinking I would try arguing the point that the Tour is supposed to be the updated version of the World Edition and the fact that they did not inform me of that when I purchased my phone, in hopes that I could simply pay the difference between the handsets. What do you think my chances are of being successful?
    First of all, wise decision. Second, I would say you have a good chance on returning and get the Tour if you are still fairly close to that 30 day mark. VZW let me do it a week after when I went from my LG to a Curve. Just go in and be pleasant and positive and Im sure the store manager will help you out, but act fast.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
    07-20-09 09:31 PM
    Kristy as long as your close to the 30 day mark and your polite when you call like gutie said you should be good to go. Just explain that no one had told you about the Tour and now that its out you would rather have that device. I dont think they will give you a hard time about it. Personally i love both devices, granted the Tour is awesome but i still love the size and feel of the 8830. I think out of all the devices i own the 8830 feels the best in hand. Def post back and let us know if you were able to swap for the Tour.
    07-21-09 09:02 PM
    So you have both and still like the WE better. I have the world edition but was thinking of getting the tour now. hmm.. But you saying the feel of the WE is better in hand then that makes me not want to b/c i love the WE size and the keys.
    07-22-09 01:17 PM
    No harvey i dont own the Tour yet, still going to wait a few weeks before i pick it up this way any kinks are worked out. I have used a few that my friends have ordered and it is def one of the best devices out there. I personally like the size and feel of the 8830 better than anything else, just my opinion. That doesnt mean the Tour doesnt feel good its just the 8830 is a slightly larger device which i really like. I would go down to your local Sprint store in the next few days and give the Tour a test drive and you be the judge.
    07-22-09 07:54 PM
    I personally think so too,u will probably able to have the Tour.
    Good luck.
    07-23-09 03:21 AM
    Thanks i really think i will get it once i actually test it out in person.
    07-23-09 11:10 AM
    Yea i also think once you give it a test drive you will really like it as i def do. It will just be hard for me to move on from my 8830 considering its my fav berry. I know once i get the Tour i will be switching back and forth with my 8830. But i hope you enjoy it once you purchase one.
    07-23-09 09:34 PM
    I made the move from the 8830 to the Tour 9630 and I might be coming "home" to the 8830. I love the phone on the Tour and the great amount of device memory. But many of us are having problems with the Tour---some minor, some minor but annoying, and some major. I thought I had the perfect Tour, but people I call have a lot of trouble hearing me---it's a muffle affect. With all that BBs can do, I still need it to be a phone and if that's flawed, it's not a good device as far as I'm concerned. A lot of us are having this problem, check out the Tour forum.

Nothing is perfect, but I expected better than this. FWIW, I prefer the 8830 keyboard to the 9630 keyboard. I'll keep the Tour if I can get one that works well because it should be a great BB, but it still has some "bugs.".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 01:39 AM
    give it a shot
    07-24-09 07:22 AM
    I made the move from the 8830 to the Tour 9630 and I might be coming "home" to the 8830. I love the phone on the Tour and the great amount of device memory. But many of us are having problems with the Tour---some minor, some minor but annoying, and some major. I thought I had the perfect Tour, but people I call have a lot of trouble hearing me---it's a muffle affect. With all that BBs can do, I still need it to be a phone and if that's flawed, it's not a good device as far as I'm concerned. A lot of us are having this problem, check out the Tour forum.

Nothing is perfect, but I expected better than this. FWIW, I prefer the 8830 keyboard to the 9630 keyboard. I'll keep the Tour if I can get one that works well because it should be a great BB, but it still has some "bugs.".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for posting this I've decided to keep my 8830 after all. I got the theme that looks like the tour, so basically I'm just missing the camera & memory, and that's fine with me!
    07-25-09 09:18 PM
    I should update my post to tell you that I ended up swapping my original Tour for another Tour and the difference is incredible. While I still prefer the 8830 keyboard, I'm actually appreciating the Tour---now that I have one that works properly.

For me, the camera and additional device memory are major advantages over the 8830; in fact, they're the only reason that I made the change. Otherwise, I'd still be very happy using my 8830.
    07-25-09 09:30 PM
    I am reading this thread because I am debating about returning my $199 Tour and getting a $49 8830 from Verizon I used a 8830 about 6 months ago and liked the phone, but at the time it wasn't worth spending the money. Except for the camera and a little more speed, is there really an advantage to have the Tour? Also, it seems as if the construction of the 8830 is tighter than the Tour. Please help me out with your honest opinions before my time to return the Tour is up.
    08-02-09 08:24 PM
    The 8830 has limited memory which is why some folks want to move from it to something newer. There is also the larger, higher resolution screen. It has a newer OS which may or may not be wonderful.

Read the Tour threads and compare yours to those who have had issues.

$150 would be nice to have back but you do get older technology.

I might have upgraded by now but I'm not eligible and I want to save the $50. Then the issues I've read about do give me pause........
    08-03-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD