Im at work and I get a BBM and my tone was loud, but I didnt really pay attention to it. A couple minutes later my phone rings (ringer 4) and I was like WTF how did my ringer get so loud. I thought to myself maybe it is because its a ringer and not a mp3.
    I said to myself let me put a mp3 ringtone and try it. I applied a ringer (that previously was low, and didnt use because of that) and after a test call it is as loud as if i was playing it through the media player.
    My ringer is now loud as ****. I hope I dont have to do a battery pull anytime soon cause I feel if that happens it will go back to low then I will be pissed.

Anyone know why this happened?
    03-19-08 11:38 AM
    It's a Festivus miracle (in March)!
    03-19-08 12:13 PM
    It's a Festivus miracle (in March)!
    Well im glad it happened. Now im a happy camper.
    03-19-08 01:37 PM
    So much for a battery pull not changing anything.
    After a battery reset my ringer and alerts went back to low. DAMMIT.

OO and now when I play monopoly I cant hear the games sounds through my headphones, only through the phones speakers.

Someone please help me figure this out. Lets narrow it down.
    03-21-08 10:53 AM
    I just really wish RIM or Verizon would sort out this ringer volume issue; it seems like it would be such an easy fix. Wouldn't it just take a software patch? I mean, it works fine when you play the ringers through the media player... RIM has really let us down on this one.
    03-21-08 11:09 AM
    Ohh so true Purcell8830
    03-21-08 11:14 AM
    You are the second person in history to report such a "weird situation" happening. Just like you, when the other person pulled the battery it quieted down again.

Obviously it was some kind of stability issue that was causing it, but it's weird that it happens. Have you tried to send yourself a BBM message to mimic the original track process to see if it happens again. I doubt it will do anything, but something had to have triggered it.
    03-21-08 04:17 PM
    Sounds like some kind of uptime bug... the longer between reboots the louder the phone gets.
    03-21-08 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD