I have read the Getting Started Guide and the entire User Guide for the 8830 WE, but the section on status icons was small and incomplete.

Some of the icons I'll list I know the meanings of, but I list for orientation of others.

Top row: Far left: Antenna icon and signal strength; network mode (1XEV) - Far Right: Battery Indicator

Middle Row: Far Left: GPS Location On indicator - Middle Left: Alarm Indicator - Middle Right and Far Right: Time and Date

Bottom Row: Just under alarm indicator: number 1 next to a white envelope with a blurry red icon (not a star - possibly a '@') over the envelope - Just under the day section of the date: number 1, a red x, and a cell phone graphic

When the phone is locked, there is an icon of a paper with an open lock in middle left. The white envelope icon moves to under the hour and the phone moves to under the month.

When I have new mail, I usually have a number with a yellow envelope. I also don't have any missed calls that I haven't checked.

I use a BES.

Any ideas what these bottom row icons are?
    02-01-08 08:20 PM
    New message or new email I think.
    02-01-08 10:36 PM
    New SMS and new email have different icons. I don't know what icon new voice mail has, but I know this: I do not have any new SMS, email or voice mail.
    02-02-08 11:03 AM
    The icon for new vm is a "cassette tape".
    02-02-08 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD