Is there a difference between what happens when you slip the 8830 into its holster-case and the magnet triggers an "off" or standby state and removing from holster turns it back on

versus

If I leave the 8830 on my desk and it just "turns off" due to a timeout where I then need to Press a key to revive it?

Reason I ask (besides being curious if the two states are different or VERY different) is that I have Noreve case but the way the flap is designed is that the standby magnet flap slips up when I place it my pocket (or move the flap) and it comes out of standby ONLY to eventually timeout anyway but then needs a keypress to revive it.

Thanks in advance.
    02-06-08 10:26 PM
    From my short experience with my curve, the magnet induced standby also locks the keys. It is like pushing the mute button on the curve. The sleep timeout will allow the bb to be awakened with any key press.
    02-07-08 06:17 AM
    Exactly how does the magnetic "In Holster" feature work? Where on the phone is the area that triggers this magnetic sleep/off feature?

I'm asking because I'm considering sewing in a small magnet (prob. the one in a spare holster) inside the narrow side leg pocket that is on a couple of my Lee Dungaree Jeans. This pocket is so perfect for my BB, I use it all the time, perfect fit and access. I'd like to get the magnetic feature working as well, when my BB is in this pocket, easy enough to do, as long as I know where on the phone the magnet trigger is.

Thanks,
    02-08-08 09:34 PM
    It seems to be located at the lower edge of the keyboard. Take a magnet and experiment a little.
    02-09-08 12:42 AM
    It seems to be located at the lower edge of the keyboard. Take a magnet and experiment a little.
    Right at or very close to Spacebar key
    02-10-08 11:03 PM
    Right at or very close to Spacebar key
    Great, I'll let you know how it works.
    02-11-08 12:00 AM
    02-11-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD