Hi everyone,

I have a Sprint WE8830 v.4.2.2.196 on the old $30/month SERO plan. I'm not using BB Messenger, but I have gotten BB Browser to work, and everything else is working too -- texting, Google Maps, GMail, etc.

I'd like to upgrade to the new v.4.5.0.177 OS. But I'm a little leery about doing something that could cause me to lose all of the functions I've gotten to work.

Anyone else here try this already and willing to share their experiences?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jjfad; 02-09-09 at 12:10 PM.
    02-09-09 12:08 PM
    If u have a bb and evdo u have a blackberry plan I did the upgrade just not to a sero plan wrks fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 12:21 AM
    For the most part, how your BlackBerry functions with your carriers services are through it's service books, the OS don't have control over them.

If you decide to do an upgrade, you shouldn't have to worry. if you find that your services aren't working after the update, its nothing a simple battery pull or resending of the service books can't fix. And if you still run into trouble, you can always downgrade back to your carriers "authorized" OS.

Just know if anything does go bad for you, there are people and guides here to fix things and rarely do people ever seriosuly mess up the BlackBerry's where it would need to be sent back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 10:23 AM
    How is your browser working on SERO? I am using a 8830WE with the SERO $30 plan and my browser won't start, I have to use Opera Mini. Would like to be able to download apps and install wireless but since I can't get the browser to start its back to manual install for everything.
    02-13-09 10:06 PM
    How is your browser working on SERO? I am using a 8830WE with the SERO $30 plan and my browser won't start, I have to use Opera Mini. Would like to be able to download apps and install wireless but since I can't get the browser to start its back to manual install for everything.
    To get my browser working with OTA installs, I did a search on the Crackberry forums and used the posted hack. It has been discussed in several threads.
    03-05-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD