I saw this yesterday on Phone Scoop ... Deutsche Telecom (Tmobile's parent company) is considering buying out sprint.

Deutsche Telekom Considering Sprint Nextel Acquisition
    Sunday, 9:54 PM by Eric M. Zeman

German telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom, parent company of T-Mobile USA, is currently mulling plans to buy Sprint Nextel. Sources indicated that the plans are in the earliest stages, and are not final. Sprint's current market capitalization is about $22 billion. If Deutsche Telekom were to acquire Sprint Nextel, the combined entities of Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile would create the largest wireless company in the U.S.

And then there was this article shortly after....

Sprint Seriously Considering Sale of Nextel
    Yesterday, 3:23 PM by Eric M. Zeman

Sprint is said to be in the process of evaluating whether or not it should sell or spin-off its stake in Nextel. Sprint purchased Nextel for $35 billion in December 2004 and has had difficulties in merging the iDEN network with its own CDMA network. Morgan O'Brien, founder of Nextel and Cyren Call, is now seeking partners to buy the Nextel network from Sprint and use it, in part, to help build a nationwide public safety network.

I dont know about you all but I personally would love to see either of these (if not both) happen and happen rather soon! I dont know how a tmobile / sprint merger would work technologically but that would be something to see for sure. Not to mention Tmobile would get all that wonderful spectrum that sprint has stashed away to use for whatever they feel like! ooooooh the possibilities!
    05-06-08 01:23 PM
    Doesn't this belong in the Sprint or the T-Mobile forum?
    05-06-08 02:13 PM
    yea i think the mods need to move it...

but on another note i hope T-Mo does buy sprint because the re-ards at sprint around here are clueless...
    05-06-08 02:17 PM
    Yeah, this would be nice. I kind of want to switch over to T-Mobile, but my contract isn't over for a while.. if they buy Sprint anytime soon, I should be able to switch over without much hassle.
    05-06-08 02:20 PM
    If I were to go with any other carrier than Sprint, it would be Verizon. If T-Mobile bought Sprint that is most likely what I would do...
    05-06-08 02:52 PM
    I like the unlimted EVERYTHING (except tethering) from Sprint
    05-10-08 06:30 PM
    Sprint users welcome to T-Mobile!!
    05-10-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD