I have a BB 8830 we i used MFI multi loader to unbrand the phone. data now works here in germany. i used prl 14672-001 and MFI 14678-019and am using O2 uk v 4.2.2 OS which is the only one that will load.

Dialer works fine, email sends and recieves fine, text messages, internet works, Can send pin messages but cant recieve them. anyone know what might be wrong?

Service provider has resent service books twice now. my old USA sprint number still shows on the screen of the phone could that be it?

could there be a better MFI or PRL to use with this phone?

IM on O2 germany as a service provider.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
    01-23-10 12:04 PM
    bump........
    01-25-10 10:22 AM
    So you replaced the base operating system to a UK operating system?
    01-28-10 10:01 AM
    yes its the only one that will load. i dont know if its due to the PRL and MFI i loaded or what.
    I didnt want to put the german on on there because i cant read german. i am assuming that the OS will be in german.

I also cannot change my number in the phone. when i goto make a call it still displays the US phone number.
    02-01-10 02:09 AM
    I wish I could help, I'm a Blackberry newbie and got my 8830 from ebay only a few weeks ago...
    02-01-10 11:49 AM
    bump.. anyone pls help any ideas?
    is the fact i am using a uk o2 OS and Vendor id or that my US number shows in the "my number" gonna cause any problems?
    02-08-10 04:22 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock a sprint curve 8330? I've been told yes ...and no? Anyone ever personally done it?
    02-08-10 07:21 PM
    does anyone have a clue of how or why i would be able to send and not RECIEVE Pin messages? what couls be mis configured?
    02-14-10 08:30 AM
    anyone? please?
    02-15-10 10:26 AM
    I have a similar problem with my 8830 from VZ. I unlocked it and activated a data plan with Orange in Spain. Some applications like IM+, IM+ for skype, opera mini 5 beta work without problems... facebook application doesn�t connect, the internet browser doesn�t work most of the time, I can�t send PIN messages nor send or receive emails. Only after aa battery pull it receives (sometimes) some emails but then it stops again. GPRS is most of the tim showing as lowercase!!!! I've tried everything and have been reading the forums for a week now. Need some help here!
    02-15-10 11:53 AM
    I have a BB 8830 we i used MFI multi loader to unbrand the phone. data now works here in germany. i used prl 14672-001 and MFI 14678-019and am using O2 uk v 4.2.2 OS which is the only one that will load.

Dialer works fine, email sends and recieves fine, text messages, internet works, Can send pin messages but cant recieve them. anyone know what might be wrong?

Service provider has resent service books twice now. my old USA sprint number still shows on the screen of the phone could that be it?

could there be a better MFI or PRL to use with this phone?

IM on O2 germany as a service provider.

thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
    I�ve updated my OS to 4.5 without problems using the desktop manager. To get rid of the old phone number on the screen, pls see quote bellow:

To remove the manually assigned phone number from a Blackberry 8830:

To remove the phone number which is the (only?) piece of info not removed with a master wipe, do the following (Verizon-specific perhaps):

SEND ##000000 SEND

Here you will find a screen with "Mobile Directory Number" and your old phone number. Scroll to the end of the line and use backspace to delete all entries. Then type in "0" 10 times (or anything you wish, really). [If you don't perform this last step, then when the phone reboots it will revert to having your phone number manually programmed in.]

Now, repeat the same for the field listed just below as "IMSI", i.e. enter "0000000000" or whatever you want.

Then, press the trackball, scroll sown and select "Save". Phone will reset and when it is done, your phone number will be gone and the number "assigned" to the phone will be whatever you punched in above, e.g. "000-000-0000"
    02-15-10 12:41 PM
    I have a similar problem with my 8830 from VZ. I unlocked it and activated a data plan with Orange in Spain. Some applications like IM+, IM+ for skype, opera mini 5 beta work without problems... facebook application doesn�t connect, the internet browser doesn�t work most of the time, I can�t send PIN messages nor send or receive emails. Only after aa battery pull it receives (sometimes) some emails but then it stops again. GPRS is most of the tim showing as lowercase!!!! I've tried everything and have been reading the forums for a week now. Need some help here!

I�ve fixed the connection problems.

1-called carrier (orange, spain) to make sure everything was up and running on their side.

2-Deleted all three email accounts from the server (blackberry.orange.es)

3-Downloaded OS to my PC (blackberryforums.com/rim-software/1871-blackberryos-4-x-download-faq-upgrade-downloads.html)

4-Reloaded OS on my BB (youtube.com/watch?v=KzgyPTPnVjM)
    DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP THE ADDRESS BOOK AND FILES YOU HAVE

5-Reconfigured email accounts and resent Service books

6- Sent test emails and it works perfectly, GPRS is in uppercase all the time, browsers are working.

Right now I'm downloading BB messenger to test it.

I hope this can help someone else too.
    Last edited by moeding; 02-17-10 at 08:43 AM.
    02-17-10 07:41 AM
    BB messenger also works fine =)
    02-17-10 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD