I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out what video format really works on our phones. I'm coming from a Treo 700wx with The Core Media Player which allowed me to play both WMV files and AVI files. So after doing some searching and trying to locate information on what my 8830 will play, I've come to the conclusion that it will play MP4 and AVI files; correct me if i'm wrong. I have Pocket DVD studio and no matter what format I select (avi, wm8 & 9), nothing will play correctly. So, are there any programs out there that worth paying for, or even better free??? Please help, I'm getting very frustrated. Thanks!
    05-12-08 04:21 PM
    I'm not a Sprint user but as a former 8830 user I found that "Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter," works. I know there is another free application that works. I just cant remember the name of it.
    05-12-08 05:54 PM
    Former Treo user with TCMP as well. the mp4 format is what i have been using. The Roxio converter is what i use and it has been working fine so far.
    05-13-08 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am "requesting" the Neuros OSD for my B-day from my girlfriend so I think that may alleviate my problems once and for all.
    05-13-08 02:35 PM
    So the only way to actually veiw video in wmv format is to save them to your computer, convert them then send them back to your 8830? That sucks. I often want to watch the video when I'm not at my computer.

So there are no players that you can install on the BB that will allow you play wmv's?
    05-14-08 01:31 PM
    Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter isn't really free though since you are limited to 5min videos.

I also tried Roxio but that is only for burning and maybe ripping.

Are there any free converters that will let me do videos over 5min?
    12-25-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD