So, I set this thing up with my 4 main email accounts; I got messages saying the setup was done properly, but I only seem to be getting my email from 1 or 2 of the accounts regularly..
    A couple of questions if anyone can help:

-If you have Outlook running on your computer at home, does Outlook "steal" the emails before they have a chance to get to your BB?
    -Should I leave my outlook off when I leave the house, or should i be able to get my email on the BB even if Outlook is running?
    - Can you adjust how often the phone checks for Email?

any other inside tricks for the Sprint 8830?

Thanks to everyone!_
    11-09-07 08:22 AM
    If you are using POP3 accounts, and have Outlook running / open at home, it might pick up the emails before your BlackBerry has polled your account...

But, if using GMail, Yahoo! or Hotmail (old account, before 2000), then it's delivered to your BlackBerry instantly, thus even if Outlook is open, it does not matter...

Lastly, if you're using a POP3 account, as your main account, I suggest you forward a copy of said email to your @blackberry.net email address, thus delivering emails to your BlackBerry from that account, instantly...
    11-09-07 09:45 AM

Lastly, if you're using a POP3 account, as your main account, I suggest you forward a copy of said email to your @blackberry.net email address, thus delivering emails to your BlackBerry from that account, instantly...

I have this setup with my comcast account and then fowarded to my black berry email address I h ave setup on the phone. I get the emails so fast before my outlook even get's then which is set to check every 2 min.

So everyone saying there is or could be a delay, I have no such thing happening to me, and works really well.
    11-09-07 09:50 AM
    do you need to be on BES for this rapid fire email forwarding to occur, or just BIS?
    11-09-07 09:58 AM
    BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service; emails delivered to your @blackberry.net account is thus delivered instantly...

But, also GMail, Yahoo! & Hotmail (before 2000) are delivered instantly.
    11-09-07 10:13 AM
    thanks, Naviwilliams, I will set up a bb account and then do the forwarding..Is the easiest way to set up a BB email addy through the phone, or a website?
    11-09-07 10:36 AM
    I have this setup with my comcast account and then fowarded to my black berry email address I h ave setup on the phone. I get the emails so fast before my outlook even get's then which is set to check every 2 min.

So everyone saying there is or could be a delay, I have no such thing happening to me, and works really well.

what is the best way to setup email forwarding, both from comcast and/or other email accounts? Do you do it through the phone, outlook, or via the ISP website?
    11-09-07 11:25 AM
    I went on the my comcast email site on my pc and setup forward all mail to my bb email address. also had it remain on server so i can still get to it on outlook
    11-09-07 11:35 AM
    thanks, I just did the same thing..
    Now, the question is, how do you do that with other email accounts you might have..I guess you have to be able to access the administration page in the email configuration, or, can you do it via the "auto blind cc" box when you are setting up accounts on the Blackberry itself?
    Or, does the "auto bcc" only apply to emails you want to SEND from the Blackberry?
    11-09-07 11:40 AM
    Another option is to adjust your mail settings in Outlook. I have the "leave copy of message on server" box checked. you can then adjust it to leave on the server for a few days. That garruntees that the message is on the server when the Blackburrrry checks it even after it appears in Outlook.
    11-10-07 08:05 AM
    well, what I did was to configure all my email accounts, at the server level, to forward my email to [email protected]
    then, I deleted all the email accounts off my BB, except my BB email account. Now, I get emails from all the providers I forwarded, INSTANTLY, sent to my BB, and they still go to my Outlook on my PC as they normally would. By deleting all the individual email accounts on the BB itself, I dont get DUPLICATE emails the way I was before when I had both the BB email account on the handheld AND the individual email account on there..Thanks to everyone for their ideas and advice!
    11-10-07 08:13 AM
    well, what I did was to configure all my email accounts, at the server level, to forward my email to [email protected]
    then, I deleted all the email accounts off my BB, except my BB email account. Now, I get emails from all the providers I forwarded, INSTANTLY, sent to my BB, and they still go to my Outlook on my PC as they normally would. By deleting all the individual email accounts on the BB itself, I dont get DUPLICATE emails the way I was before when I had both the BB email account on the handheld AND the individual email account on there..Thanks to everyone for their ideas and advice!
    The only downside I see is when you reply to messages, the address that shows your recipient will be the sprint.blackberry.net. If you can make a decision as to the email account by default you would like the reply to address to be, you can change that. But it can only be one.
    11-10-07 08:20 AM
    true, but if I respond to the email via the BB, then I probably would want them to see the BB email address and respond to it...But I like your idea of changing the default email reply to address..I made mine Gmail, since that can be retrieved easily from anywhere..
    11-10-07 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD