So I guess you are talking about the hardware test that's built into the BB...I just ran it and it works perfectly. I can't shoot video since I am using the phone. But I can tell you - works great. End of that discussion...

Again, not a single Tour owner has stepped up to post a video while running the trackball test and prove that it works as well as the 8830. Whether you notice the defect or not, doesn't matter to me.
    10-11-09 09:21 PM
    So I guess you are talking about the hardware test that's built into the BB...I just ran it and it works perfectly. I can't shoot video since I am using the phone. But I can tell you - works great. End of that discussion...
    ROTFLMAO Pure BS unless you can back it up.

Go ahead and tell us what "works perfectly" means. I'm guessing that you don't even know.
    10-11-09 09:24 PM
    And you, sir, have bad taste... In my opinion of course. :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have been told this on many occassions.
    10-11-09 09:32 PM
    It says it's moving in the direction I roll it at a constant speed - what more do you want from a trackball?

Enjoy your 320x240 screen and 0 free memory. I'll take my trackball that works.

ROTFLMAO Pure BS unless you can back it up.

Go ahead and tell us what "works perfectly" means. I'm guessing that you don't even know.
    10-11-09 11:28 PM
    It says it's moving in the direction I roll it at a constant speed - what more do you want from a trackball?

Enjoy your 320x240 screen and 0 free memory. I'll take my trackball that works.
    noob from CT still doesn't understand. Sheep are funny.
    10-11-09 11:46 PM
    LOL - you're calling me a noob? You joined 2 years after I did. Try again.

Enjoy your 8830; it's a solid BB. I used one for 2+ years. Maybe when they make an updated Tour with a trackpad you'll come around a try a more modern BB again.

noob from CT still doesn't understand. Sheep are funny.
    10-11-09 11:55 PM
    Basically any Tour built in mid-August or later has a trackball that is better than, or at least equal to any other BB. The trackball assembly was redesigned, fixing the initial problem. Sure, there are some that aren't perfect but that goes with any BB and depends on how the user cares for it.
    Have video to prove it? Not one Tour owner can provide it. Odd.
    Again, not a single Tour owner has stepped up to post a video while running the trackball test and prove that it works as well as the 8830. Whether you notice the defect or not, doesn't matter to me.
    Perhaps the both of you can stop the bickering, and actually search for something. Use the site, that's why we have it. I have never used a Tour because I personally am waiting for a Storm2. Even though it appears to be a great phone I may add, I'm biased to my 8830, and I wish it had more memory as well.

BlackBerry Tour Video: Good Trackball vs. Bad Trackball | CrackBerry.com
    10-12-09 01:04 PM
    I originally had my 8830 through my 2 year contract and a couple months until I decided to upgrade this summer. I first went with the enV touch due to the touch screen and qwerty. Then within a hour or so I missed having the Blackbberry email and general features so I returned it for a Storm. I've had the storm since the end of June and I have finally switched. I have made the plunge and picked up a used 8830 off the forums here. I just couldn't deal without having a qwerty. Without having my 8830 I felt as if just shooting off texts or a normal task took so much longer with the storm. Despite all of the software improvements I have still come crawling back. Is anyone in the same boat as me? Anyone looking to buy a storm?
    I have done this plenty of times before. I keep thinking the Storm will grow on me but it never does. I always crawl back to my 8830 or 8330. I currently am using the Blackberry Tour but I have kept both the Curve and WE around as a backup phone, because both are such solid devices.
    10-12-09 06:43 PM
    Damn it guys. Here I am ready to do a upgrade to the storm 2 and I read this. Thanks a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 12:24 AM
    The 8830 is just a solid device
    10-13-09 12:35 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD