Does anyone know how to set up a signature for my SMS Text Messaging on My BB 8830 World Edition with Verizon? I can set it up for my email addresses online, but I cannot find any settings on the SMS Text menu options on the BB to allow me to set up a signature?
    08-28-07 07:01 AM
    Not to start a flame war or anything, but....why would you want to? SMS messages are limited to a max of 160 characters. Adding a signature would just reduce that amount even more.
    08-28-07 11:46 AM
    TheMooch has a point...
    08-28-07 12:00 PM
    I just want to sign my SMS text messages automatically with my first name so I don't have to type it in. I have been texting people I had on my XV6700 address book and when they get a text from me, they ask who is this? Is it odd to just have a signature on your text messages? I don't believe they see my phone number when I send a test apparently?

The help on my BB says to go to the message list, press menu key, options, click email settingss and set the use auto signature field to yes? I don't see an auto signature field I can set to yes?
    08-28-07 05:08 PM
    If you send someone a text message they should either see:

1. your phone number...
    2. if you're in their address book, your name...

Hence signatures are not required, or even worth it.

Now, if you have 'restrict my identity' on, then that could be the issue...
    08-28-07 09:03 PM
    While it may be true that it eats up space -- not everyone has our phone number in their address book. So, I wouldn't second guess that there is a need.
    11-19-08 06:42 PM
    Wow .. dug this one from the grave huh? Welcome to CB
    11-19-08 06:58 PM
    Does anyone know how to set up a signature for my SMS Text Messaging on My BB 8830 World Edition with Verizon? I can set it up for my email addresses online, but I cannot find any settings on the SMS Text menu options on the BB to allow me to set up a signature?
    I have had this issue when I send a text to a new contact. The confusion as to who it is from is instantly ended when I sign my name at the end of the text. Why not set up your signature in "autotext?" For instance you would type "jo" and it would instantly autotext to Johnathan Wright. Just a thought...
    11-19-08 07:19 PM
    do you really have to put him down for his reasons why? if you think its a stupid question then just ignore it. stop trying to tell him that he doesnt need one or its stupid to have one because there wont be any space. i think its up to him to decide if he wants one or not. and if you had read his reasons why you obviously would have understood why he wanted one.
    David Roberts11 likes this.
    04-27-10 08:09 AM
    can someone just help the damn man instead of raggin on him, if he wants to add a signature thats his own opinion he aint askin y yu dnt want a signature hes askin if yu kno how to put a signature up
    ddgaines and David Roberts11 like this.
    08-30-10 06:17 PM
    We should provide him/her the solution rather then excuse, I will look into that and get back to you here on this thread.
    Cheerzzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 11:55 PM
    Right. Iwanna kno too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    David Roberts11 likes this.
    12-06-10 03:29 PM
    12-06-10 03:45 PM
    to put a signature on you can
    1. Go to options/settings
    2. Go to AutoText
    3. click on "aa" (it should be the first one up there)
    4. where it says "with", underneath you can put what ever you like your signature to be.
    5. when ever you sms someone you press "aa (space)" but, press the space key after "aa'

Sorry I Know Thats Confusing but thats the only way i know how to do it lol
    01-02-11 10:12 AM
    to put a signature on you can
    1. Go to options/settings
    2. Go to AutoText
    3. click on "aa" (it should be the first one up there)
    4. where it says "with", underneath you can put what ever you like your signature to be.
    5. when ever you sms someone you press "aa (space)" but, press the space key after "aa'

Sorry I Know Thats Confusing but thats the only way i know how to do it lol
    01-02-11 10:13 AM
    how do you put a signature and it sticks automatically cuz this getting on my nerves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pwease HELP PWEASE !!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
    12-09-11 07:47 PM
    Go in Settings, then to Security and Privacy, then to Lock Screen, in there you can enter your signature!
    07-31-17 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD