I keep getting a message from the last person that sent me a text message saying "A Message Has Been Diverted"

What does this mean?

I will get it about one hour after I get done texting one of my friends. I have a 8830 WE with Alltel as a carrier (if that helps any).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 08:04 PM
    I had never heard of this message before. A google search turned up the following link: "Expired message has been diverted." What does this text message mean? - Yahoo! Answers

which basically says the message timed out before it was read, and has been returned to you or otherwise diverted to some destination other than the intended recipient. Does this make sense? Did you friend get the last message you sent? Your post says "the last person that sent me" but the description reads like "the last person I sent to."
    08-04-08 09:06 PM
    I had never heard of this message before. A google search turned up the following link: "Expired message has been diverted." What does this text message mean? - Yahoo! Answers

which basically says the message timed out before it was read, and has been returned to you or otherwise diverted to some destination other than the intended recipient. Does this make sense? Did you friend get the last message you sent? Your post says "the last person that sent me" but the description reads like "the last person I sent to."
    Yes this does make some sense. No, my friend did not get the same message. Yes, I get that message from my friend "the last person that sent me a message". I will get it when I am done texting my friend. He/she will be the last one to send a message. I always thought it was a picture message that they have tried to send me. I would text them back saying "If you are trying to send me a picture message, send it to my email address". They would always text me back saying "I didn't send you anything". So I was alittle lost and confused about the whole deal. That is why I am asking about it on here. I thought someone would have had the same problem and figured it out.

08-04-08 10:51 PM
    1) Your friend got the last message you sent him.
    2) Your friend replied to you, and you didn't get the reply.
    3) Then you got the "Expired message has been diverted" message.

Is that the correct sequence of events? Are you sure your friend got all your messages? It really sounds like from the explanation, that a message you sent could not be delivered and is being returned to you, but that's not what I read you saying, so I'm not sure I understand. But it's late. We can consider it further tomorrow, and maybe somebody else will join us.
    08-04-08 11:00 PM
    This is the way it goes:

1) I will send the last message im going to send
    2) He/She will then reply back
    3) Then about a hour later, I will get "Expired message has been diverted".

Yes, they will get all the messages I send and i will get all that they send me. I have done a battery pull today since it is "National Battery Pull Day" and every thing seems to being just fine. I havent gotton that message at of right now.
    08-05-08 01:44 PM
    I'm stumped. Maybe somebody else will see this post and jump in with a solution.
    08-05-08 08:04 PM
    Might want to reprovision your phone. Alltel's code should be the same as Verizon... try dialing *22899 and see what you get. If it's music, just wait until it hangs up by itself. If that doesn't work, dial *228 and pick to reprogram your phone.

Also under SMS options make sure your priority is set to Normal.
    08-06-08 12:09 AM
    For alltel it is *228. I have done that already. My priority is set to normal.

08-06-08 10:17 AM
    ok, here is an update on this. I have just recieved a SMS from someone I havent even sent a message to in about 2-3 weeks. I just got a message from him saying the same thing. I need help!! Does anyone know how to deal with this issue?
    08-11-08 04:20 PM
    I just got a similar text message a few minutes ago, but it is from a number that I do not recognize and have never called before. I have a Pearl though, not that it makes a difference. Also with Alltel.
    08-12-08 03:35 PM
    I get that message a lot from the same person.....he always sends pictures so that might be it.
    08-12-08 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD