Hi all,

I've been in France and Germnay for the last week with my 8830WE. Prior to leaving the US I had the SIM enabled for international and also added the unlimited international blackberry data package.

The voice and data features have been worked well. However, I have not been able to send or receive SMS text messages. I've tried swtiching between the different available networks and none have worked. If it matters, I'm on a Sprint phone. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm in Germany (Munich) for a few more days and was curious.

Thanks!
    09-23-08 04:07 AM
    To Capital Morgan,
    I am also on a sprint phone and they charge me .20 per text when I am out of the country, so am not sure why you were not able to text. Time to call them?
    09-24-08 01:54 PM
    To Capital Morgan,
    I am also on a sprint phone and they charge me .20 per text when I am out of the country, so am not sure why you were not able to text. Time to call them?
    Is that the cost per send and receive? Do you have an unlimited txt plan that works in the States? My girlfriend and I txt a lot, and I will start travelling out of the county and planned on using txt as voice pricing is outrageous overseas based on the rates on Sprint's international part of the site.
    09-25-08 08:14 AM
    My daughter sent all of her texts as emails and saved us a budle while in france this summer. Example: [email protected]
    Goes right to the person you are texting and they can reply back to you in the same format

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD