I recently purchased the 8830(VZW) and after searching the forums for how to unlock, I realized I have a problem with the SIM card that came with the Global Support Pack. When I go to the SIM card option, at the top of the screen it says "Not Valid SIM Card" and I am wondering how I go about fixing that. I have tried removing it and reinserting it, battery pulls. Now I don't know if this is user error or could it possibly a problem with the SIM card VZW sent me? I am panicking a little because I am heading over to Germany this afternoon and am trying to get this straightened out before I get on the plane. I tried searching but couldn't find anything that fixed the problem. Thanks in advance.
    09-11-08 04:21 AM
    I get the same message on a VZW 8830 that I am trying out (playing with offline to see if I like the basic unit) with the option to buy. I thought it had a SIM card inside (wherever it is... I have been a Palm OS guy for years, and the whole BB thing is new to me).

Apparently, no SIM card is needed for US operation (which is where I intend to use it if I keep it).
    Last edited by Overland1; 09-30-08 at 10:41 PM.
    09-30-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD