The chrome pieces (sides) of my 8830 are scratched up on the corners. Can I order replacement side pieces and replace them myself somehow?
    07-02-08 06:04 PM
    Yes you can.
    There are a lot of places that sell different replacement parts. eBay is one place to find them cheap. Try a Google search and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Good luck!
    07-02-08 06:07 PM
    Google search "cellular nationwide network."
    07-02-08 06:21 PM
    you will also need a t4 torx screwdriver, and a case opening tool. take the 4 screws out, and then pry the chrome rails off. also, double sided tape might be a good idea, you'll see where adhesive was originally used to keep the rails on
    07-02-08 06:24 PM
    you will also need a t4 torx screwdriver, and a case opening tool. take the 4 screws out, and then pry the chrome rails off. also, double sided tape might be a good idea, you'll see where adhesive was originally used to keep the rails on
    Thanks for the info. What exactly is a "case opening tool" though?
    07-03-08 09:42 AM
    I used a pen knife and my fingernails. The tool can be had for a few bucks from the previously mentioned site but I felt it was unnecesarry.
    07-04-08 12:54 AM
    Thanks for the info. What exactly is a "case opening tool" though?
    The rails are held in place by the screws in the battery compartment and also by a combination of snap-type fittings and double sided tape so that can be difficult to remove without marring them. So a plastic "pry bar" can help. I used a plastic citrus peeler to get a start on them. One was particularly stubborn.

But if you are removing already marred rails, you might not need a tool.
    07-04-08 10:26 AM
    Use the cellular nationwide network. Make sure you get the special screwdriver and plastic tool for removal. Work slowly and deliberately.You can access a assembly and disassenbly videos on you tube. It's a snap changing them and you're "new' phone will look great.
    07-09-08 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD