03-07-11 11:03 PM
- new bb user (8830) here. i would like to change the bb signature in my email but can't seem to do it. i finally found some brief instructions on my bb telling me you have to use the browser but i'm still unable to figure out where i need to go from there to be able to change my signature. thanks for any help!08-27-07 01:06 PM
- This has been covered a bunch. I think there may have even been a thread on this within the past day or two. Try a search for signature and you will find this:
http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/how...-message-3762/08-27-07 01:31 PM
- https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en10-08-07 09:09 PM
- 10-08-07 10:00 PM
BlackBerry Internet Service
You should be able to find it if you google for it!06-24-09 11:16 AM
- The following link has a list of the most common carrier BIS web sites. If you don't find your carrier in the list, then you'll have to go directly to their website and search there.
BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and Email Account Setup06-24-09 11:24 AM
To alter the signature on your emails from your BB, go to the link in my previous post, and select the Alltel link. Enter your username and password for this BIS site, and you'll see your email accounts that are added to your BB. Select the edit button next to the email account you want to edit, and then you will see boxes for things like your name, username, and the signature. Edit the signature to how you want it, and hit save. You should get a message that the changes are saved, and you should be good to go.
One other thing to consider is that my changes are only saved if I use Internet Explorer, not Firefox. I get an error if I try to do this using Firefox.06-30-09 01:15 PM
- I am running desktop manager 22.214.171.124. I click "Email Settings", under the tab "General" it has a box called Auto Signature. It previously had the Alltel signature, but I changed it to what I wanted. It shows in the box under the heading "Automatically include your signature on outgoing messages".
I am receiving my work and my Yahoo email now, I will not screw anything up by making these changes on the BB website will I?
thanx for the help!
g u s
BTW, the website thing worked. Thanx again.
Last edited by gusmyster; 06-30-09 at 01:41 PM.06-30-09 01:33 PM
- Glad it worked, but I want to clarify some things with you.
First, the 126.96.36.199 is the operating system you are running on your BB. It is not the desktop manager. The desktop manager runs on your desktop, and it will be a version such as 4.3, 4.5, 4.6, etc. This is used to backup your device, sync calendar and contacts with your program on your computer (typically something like Outlook), and you can use it to transfer files between your computer and the BB.
Second, the 188.8.131.52 operating system on your BB is extremely old. I recommend that you upgrade your system to one of the official 4.5 releases. You can find this by looking at the thread that is stickied at the top of this forum.
Finally, as you found out, making changes on the website will not screw up the BB.
Good luck, and enjoy.06-30-09 02:04 PM
- ok so Eddie was a mite wrong. You have an older version of Desktop Manager, and your BB OS version is up to date. DM and BB OS don't have to be the same, in fact sometimes they can't (i.e. I have DM 4.6 and there's no 4.6 BB OS available for my Pearl). If the version of DM is working for you, leave it alone. If not you can go to blackberry.com and upgrade it. 4.6 without Media Manager works nicely.06-30-09 02:51 PM
- Yes, media manager via Desktop Mgr on your PC. Make sure you have a media card in your blackberry. If you plug your blackberry into your PC, you should get a pop-up on your blackberry asking if you want to enable mass storage mode. Click yes and it will create a drive on your PC. You can drag and drop music, pix, etc right there. Much easier than the bloated Media Mgr...07-01-09 07:36 AM
- I've figured it out! Go to:
click on Menu
click on The little "setup" folder with the green gear on it
click on "Email Settings"
Select the email account that you want the change or remove the signature from.
A dropdown window will appear after you click on your email account. Click on "Edit"
Scroll down until you see the "Signature" box.
Erase whatever is in the box and write your own or leave it blank.
Then scroll all the way down and click "Save"06-25-10 12:22 PMLike 1
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD