I'm showing that I have 27 messages but there isn't any in my mailbox. When I receive messages, this number increases by the number of messages I receive, and when I delete all of my messages, it then shows a 27?
    01-20-08 06:50 AM
    do youclick on every message in the messages folder?

try a battery pull..

-db
    01-20-08 07:35 AM
    Do you have any messages in your saved folder? If there are saved messages that are unread, that will show up in the unread count.

MNG

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 09:18 AM
    I have the same problem as well. If I go to Applications>Options>Status>Database Sizes, it says I have x messages, but I have opened every messages folder I have and deleted them all. For example, it will stay at 10 messages, but lets say I received 2, the counter will say 12. If I delete those 2 messages, the counter will go back to 10. I have tried to reset, but it won't go away. It only takes up 6.6k which isn't a lot but it would be nice to see where these messages are.
    01-20-08 12:56 PM
    The messages are hidden in one of the folders. If there's no data in the database then it won't say there is data in it. Simple as that.
    01-20-08 02:43 PM
    The messages are hidden in one of the folders. If there's no data in the database then it won't say there is data in it. Simple as that.
    HAHA WOW...found them as "sent messages". You would think there would be an option on the menu that asks you to view sent messages (NOT SMS, e-mails) and that where the 10 was from...problem solved, yay!
    Last edited by BlackBerry.est08; 01-20-08 at 06:10 PM.
    01-20-08 06:05 PM
    A future solution would be to open your messages and scroll to the top. After that, hit "u" and it will bring you to your unread messages.
    01-20-08 10:40 PM
    HAHA WOW...found them as "sent messages". You would think there would be an option on the menu that asks you to view sent messages (NOT SMS, e-mails) and that where the 10 was from...problem solved, yay!
    There is an option under Messages. It's something about "Hide sent messages". Turn that to off and you'll always see sent messages in all your email account folders as well as SMS. By default it's already turned off, you must have messed with the options prior to knowing what they do and turned it on.
    01-21-08 09:56 AM
    Incredible.. I was plagued with this issue when I was in Puerto Rico where VZW/Extended network was sporadic.. I figured the coverage was playing around w/ my messages. After reading this post I found mine in my saved message folder.
    01-21-08 10:31 AM
    Thanks everyone. I looked in a saved folder and for some reason I had all of those messages saved. I deleted them and now it's showing no messages so that is great. Thanks for all of your help
    01-21-08 05:31 PM
    I have a similar issue - but with my call log. My home screen says I have one missed call but there isn't a missed call in my call log.
    01-27-08 02:19 PM
    Well, I have no sent, saved, or unread messages of any kind in any of the folders. My count was at zero. I checked every folder, they are all empty and it still says I have one message. The battery pull didn't do anything. It says I have one message and I cannot find any messages ANYWHERE on this thing. Any ideas what else to do?
    Last edited by Dark_Blu; 02-18-10 at 02:49 PM.
    02-18-10 02:40 PM
    Do a BLANK search of all folders and there is a search option called "show". Select "unopened only".

I scrolled down past missed calls and found a sent message that I sent over 3 weeks ago. I read it and that was that!

I don't know why it randomly selected a previously read sent message from forever ago but that's how I found it!

Hope this helps someone.
    05-14-10 06:32 PM
    Do a BLANK search of all folders and there is a search option called "show". Select "unopened only".

I scrolled down past missed calls and found a sent message that I sent over 3 weeks ago. I read it and that was that!

I don't know why it randomly selected a previously read sent message from forever ago but that's how I found it!

Hope this helps someone.
    This totally worked! Thank GOD! I could never figure out where those messages were... after a blank search, I found them months back in my work e-mail. I probably filed them on my PC and didn't follow through on my BB (we did not run on enterprise server e-mail functions then).
    06-15-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD