Hi all,

So after hours of reading around this forums and other forums, I got desktop redirector setup b/c my company doesnt support BES on Verizon.

I receive emails now on my phone by keeping my computer on around the clock connected through VPN. I am trying to setup an email account on my phone though and I cant seem to do that. The corporate email I receive now arrives in my personal box on my 8830 and I would like to setup a separate box for it. I cant seem to get it done though. I exhausted all the options in "Email Settings". After going to "Add An Emailed Account" i try all the options but cant seem to go through.

Some Info:
    Im using Desktop Manager 4.3 with Desktop Redirector
    Im using Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP2 that uses an Exchange Server

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mas000; 03-07-08 at 03:05 AM.
    03-07-08 03:03 AM
    What personal email account? Is it POP? What's the domain for that account? You know, after the @ sign. We need details. Also, does your company support OWO (Outlook Web Access)? If so, you don't need redirector, you could have just used BIS. You have various options.
    03-07-08 08:47 AM
    What personal email account? Is it POP? What's the domain for that account? You know, after the @ sign. We need details. Also, does your company support OWO (Outlook Web Access)? If so, you don't need redirector, you could have just used BIS. You have various options.
    My personal email account is a yahoo account that I setup (if I remember correctly, I did use POP3). My work email is [email protected].

I don't need the redirector? That would be nice... If you can let me know how, by all means. Yes, my company does support OWO (accessing my outlook email through a website). I was under the impression the only way I can do this is with a Redirector, but I'm far from an expert on BB's.

Edit: I use a SecurID to access my email btw. Just wanted to let you know before you tell me how to setup BIS.
    Last edited by mas000; 03-08-08 at 02:04 AM.
    03-08-08 02:02 AM
    So after a bit of googling around, I found this website:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    I guess I can setup my BIS from there.

Now my main question is: If I access my email through VPN using a securID (random token that changes every 30seconds or so), can I still use BIS?
    03-08-08 01:24 PM
    Setup the email in BIS and see where it gets you. If it sets up the account then you're good. (Yahoo should be fine.) The VPN connectivity has to do with your laptop tie-in to the company. The BB is setup for BES email so the BIS still should be open to 3rd party email addresses.... that is unless the IT guys blocked that on the BB config because it's tied into BES.
    03-08-08 03:28 PM
    Setup the email in BIS and see where it gets you. If it sets up the account then you're good. (Yahoo should be fine.) The VPN connectivity has to do with your laptop tie-in to the company. The BB is setup for BES email so the BIS still should be open to 3rd party email addresses.... that is unless the IT guys blocked that on the BB config because it's tied into BES.
    Ill give that shot and see if it works. I just tried it from the web and it tells me I need to do it from my phone. I'll give that a shot. I'm at "IT guy" myself and I dont see how the BIS can work with the RSA securID to keep me connected to my email if my BB has no ties whatsoever with my work email... but I'm ready to try anything right now

Im sorry if that was too vague...
    03-08-08 04:08 PM
    Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but BIS looks like its just an a better interface for the "E-mail Settings" tab on your phone. I think they offer the same options, but it's just alot faster and nicer to do it over the web. Does that sound accurate?

Also, I got it to work, and there is no option for securID or anything of that sort. My gf can access her work email through a website and only needs a username and password. To log into my email, I need a username, password, location code, securID number.... It was a good run though. If you have any ideas, please feel free to shoot them out.

I appreciate your help JRSCCivic98.
    03-08-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD