I tried to post this in the Tips and FAQ forum, but it wouldn't allow me to create a new thread. I've searched the forums and didn't find anything addressing my question, so I hope this hasn't already been answered. If so, my apologies.

I'd like to set a custom ringtone for callers that are not in my address book, but can't figure it out. I've tried creating an entry in my address bood with Unknown Caller as the name, with the numbers left blank, but it doesn't work. Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Just to add, this is my second Blackberry, my first being several years ago, and I didn't care for it much back then. Due to work, I've been forced to come back to the Blackberry and have to say that I now love it. Apparently, a lot has changed in the couple of years I've been absent. I'm glad I was forced to give RIM another shot and it will be very hard to get me to leave them again.

Again, thanks for any help.

Se7en2 (pronounced Seven Duece)
    01-22-08 04:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

The default tone for phone would be for ALL calls, and then you add exceptions for the contacts that you want to ring a particular way...
    01-22-08 05:10 PM
    01-22-08 05:41 PM
    Navi-I was hoping to avoid setting custom ringtones for everyone in my address book when it would be much simpler to just add one exception (Unknown Caller) and be done with it. Thanks, anyway.

midlifez-I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the feedback.

01-22-08 07:56 PM
    Related to this - does Outlook syncing have a field for ringtones that are assigned to a contact? I like the idea of having ringtones for my normal contact that would be distinguished from UNKNOWN callers. If there is a field somewhere in Outlook, one could probaby automate getting to that field with a macro or scripting tool???
    01-22-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD