Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Set keypad lock password?

I can see to lock the keyboard you click the lock icon and to get out you press * and the phone. Can you set a custom lock/password so you can prevent entry into the phone? Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

Yes.

Options > Security > General Settings.

Good luck.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I see in the security settings where you can enable or disable a password. I'll assume you have to go setup a password in the password keeper? I tried setting up a 2 character password and it didn't seem to like it. I don't want to have to type in a long password when trying to unlock the phone. When the phone rinds I just want to be able to hit a couple of keys and unlock it. If it works for hitting * phone why won't it let me set up a similar password?

I am sure I am missing something...thanks
    rohith626 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

Yes, that is it. Enable your Password, on exit, SAVE, you will be asked to enter the new password, and confirm.

I believe you will need at least four characters. This has nothing to do with Password Keeper, or I would have mentioned it was the place to go. PK is for keeping track of other application PWs etc.
    CrackBerry User

and speaking of password keeper....I'm on try 9 of 10 on trying to remember my password, completely forgot it. So what happens after try number 10, am I screwed? Can I reset the password?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

on the 10th wrong password, all the data within Password Keeper is deleted, pretty cool how secure that is, huh?

Good luck.
    CrackBerry User

lol...damn that might upset me if I remembered what was in there....probably nothing cause I haven't passworded anything other than the password keeper itself....what am I potentially losing?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

You would be losing any password or note that is stored in password keeper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

ok, I'm pretty sure I don't have either of those stored in there I must have just set up the password keeper password...thanks always appreciated
    CrackBerry Newbie

There are two ways of locking your blackbery device. (The one tested is a blackberry cuve 9300 v6.0.0.600 p/f6.6.0.223)

One without a password and the other with a password and/or password timeout

To lock your device without a password simply hold the A* lock icon to the far left of the keyboard

To lock your device with a password timeout go to options>security>password>enable
    set the timeout and password attempts to whichever you want
    (i set mine to 3 attempts and lock after 10 min)

To lock your device with a password whenever you want go to options>display>home screen preferences and change (under launch by typing)universal search to application shortcuts
    Now go to options>security>password>enable and (if you want to) change lock after 1 hour
    Then go to home screen and press c
    This should lock your device with a password whenever you want it to and to unlock it, you can simply start typing the password
    -enjoy
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs down

i have a blackberry curve 8520 , i cant find how to set a password for my lock screen unless it times out, how do i do it?
    and mine doesnt have Options > Security > General Settings. so that doesnt work.