Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sending & Receiving Picture Messages

Am I right, that you CANNOT receive or send picture messages on a 8300?
    CrackBerry User

You can receive, but you cannot send.
    I have worked for sprint/nextel in advanced Blackberry tech support for over a year. Need any help, just ask me.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    PIN
    28CE7ADD

funny i just a got atext from sprint tellin me my picture account is about to expire and that i would have to pay 5 amonth for it. what is up with that
    "The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet. "- Andy Warhol

Sin CITY here i come!!
    CrackBerry User

On Verizon, you cannot receive picture messages (MMS) either. You get a message directing you to go to Verizon's online picture viewer. I absolutely love this phone, but it does irritate me that I can't view picture messages.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Am I the only one who things this is ridiculous? not being able to take...worse, not being able to RECEIVE a picture message on a phone with a huge screen and a media player. I also cant believe I can do anything possible with email and blackberry, but I cant attach an image to a text and send it with blackberry.

ugh
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    PIN
    304B1980

You also cannot send or receive mms on the alltel network with any of the smartphones.. How gay is that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

same with Iphone, they can not recieve picture messages as well. I know Pearl does rec/send pic messages, they get it like how an LG gets it!
    "I'd rather be in Mammoth"
    CrackBerry User

Unhappy

i usually tell all my friends to send using my email address if they want to send me any pictures... it just goes to my inbox like the rest of my messages.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    PIN
    305000C8 & 31CF0C00

Unless of course they are also using a BB then they can just send them through the BB Messanger to you.
    CrackBerry User

I had exchanged my red 8830 through Verizon, for the Pearl, because of not being able to receive MMS. I LOVED my 8830, but I was not going to be able to go 2 years on contract that way. The 8130 has a camera, so it not only receives but sends MMS, but I really don't like the sure type too much, and I miss the heck out of my 8830. The color was great, and so was the way it fit in my hand. Plus the trackball was so much smoother, and the screen was AMAZING!!!

Oh, and to edit, it took almost a full 5 minutes to connect to Verizon's picture site to view the pix I got from other Verizon users, and by that time I was so frustrated I didn't even care about the picture because of all the time outs. I got so angry when I got picture messages, LOL!
    http://www.myspace.com/vegaskait
    Please send me a message with your friend request so I know who you are...THANKS!!!
    CrackBerry User

I'm just gonna be patient and wait for VZW to get the Curve. I know how people feel about not getting pic msgs via WE.

It's so lame that we have retrieve pics on the vzwpix.com! just laaaaaaaaame!!!
    CrackBerry User

I also agree with EVERYONE about the MMS messages! My friend has the curve and he yells at me all the time for not having a camera bc he is constantly sending me pics through the BB messenger and i cant send any back! Too bad US Cellular doesnt have the Curve. At the rate they update their phones they wont have it for another 5 yrs!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC6ED1

You can send pictures to who ever you wants phone through email. Just can't take pictures. I personally like not having a camera, as many places I go for my job will not allow a camera phone in the building. But if you want to send a picture use email send to ##########@vzwpix.com for Verizon, I am sure other carriers have similar. Shows up on the other phone as MMS, if they replay with a pix it goes to your email, and you get the picture. An annoyance I agree, but not that huge of a deal.
    CrackBerry Newbie

how do i forward picture messages to numerous contacts on my storm. i dont like forwarding one by one
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default I get a link when I am sent a mms????

Ok, I did some searching and I found these old replies regarding mms on the 8830, is that how the 8830 gets its mms???? or Am I missing or not have the proper settings in my phone?? Could some one please advice? or do I have to live with those links? thank you very much in advance.