I have a blackberry 8830 that I got with error 507 on it, it is bell branded on the phone.

I installed the latest version of the OS and the phone started up fine etc.
    When I turn on the radio it always says "searching CDMA" and never gets a connection.
    I tested the radio by making an emergency call "112" because I knew that here in CAN it would not call emergency services and the radio finds a signal (full bars) and goes to the bell mobility standard voice message (you have reached the bell mobility network etc etc). There are also full bars when in Emergency callback mode.
    As soon as I exit emergency callback mode the radio drops signal and goes back to searching CDMA.

What can I do to solve this problem? I think that its a software and not a radio problem because there radio works fine in Emergency mode.

Can anyone help?

I've also tried installing all 3 different OS versions that are available on the download page from Bell Mobility and no luck.. the same thing happens.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-05-08 03:04 PM
    its a software probl;em, call up your provider and warranty exchange the phone or you'll need to buy a new one
    04-05-08 03:19 PM
    If it's a software problem shouldn't wiping the phone and re-installing the OS and software fix it?

what would using javaloader to turn the radio on/off do? do you think this would work?
    04-05-08 03:34 PM
    Since you reloaded the OS ok, sounds like the phone is not activated. Probably going to need to take it to the phone store to get it sorted out or dial 611 to get someone to check out your account.
    Last edited by jc34; 04-05-08 at 06:02 PM.
    04-05-08 05:59 PM
    it is activated now.. I can only get a signal in "emergency callback mode" .. when I exit this mode then I get zero signal but in emergency call mode I have full signal.

Any ideas?
    04-05-08 09:55 PM
    I have a blackberry 8830 that I got with error 507 on it, it is bell branded on the phone.
    I take it this means that you bought it like this or found it. If so, then the phone has possibly had its ESN Blacklisted for the carrier.
    04-05-08 10:57 PM
    I am able to activate it on the network. I added it to my account no problem so I don't think the ESN is blacklisted.. i just can't get any signal . . only in emergency callback mode.

is this possible if the ESN is blocked?
    04-05-08 11:36 PM
    Where did the phone come from, bought, found, friend.............?
    04-06-08 12:39 AM
    is it from craigslist?
    04-06-08 03:42 AM
    got it from ebay. The ESN is not blacklisted, I called bell and had the phone activated.
    still cannot get a signal, only in emergency mode
    Last edited by sose; 04-06-08 at 10:38 AM.
    04-06-08 09:49 AM
    Did you provision the phone? You have to dial a certain OTA provisioning number to OTA activate the phone once it's active and setup on your account with the carrier. Verizon's for example is *22899. Find out what it is for your carrier and dial it. You have to do this so that the phone number associated with it will be the number on your own carrier account. If you hit dial on it once do you see your correct number or do you see someone elses for "My Phone Number". If it's someone elses, do what I said here, if it's yours, then the BB is hosed more then likely, if and only if you did everything else correctly.

And yes, if the ESN has been blacklisted (stolen, lost, etc.) 911 will still work.
    04-06-08 11:57 AM
    Hello, Where you able to find solution to your BB8830 Network Connection Issue? I have the same problem with a phone here and trying to solve it.

Let me know
    11-17-08 09:27 PM
    Someone else ran into a similar issue. They activated the ESN on their account, but couldn't OTA the phone due to a PRL blanking on the phone. They ended up calling the provider and getting someone knowledgable to get them in the CDMA programming screen on the phone to enter some basic values to let it OTA. The code is ##sixdigitMSLcode and then Send.
    11-17-08 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD