Hello all! Rather basic question: Are screen protectors (I have a RIM 8830 WE) worth buying? If so which ones (too many to choose) Second Part: I can see if the 8830 has a lip or edge that the protector would sit in but it's completely flat. So If I bought some would they just lay on top of the screen. If so does it fall of and on while putting in and out of the holster?

I have had a thousand cell phones but this one by far the most expensive and well needed for work and travel. Just trying to keep in in pristine condition.

Thanks to all whom will reply!@
    01-18-08 12:52 PM
    I don't use a screen protector on my 8830 but I aslo carry my BB like a baby!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-08 12:56 PM
    I bought one through Shieldzone.com It was about $12 and it probably the best. The protector never peels from taking in and out of holster.
    01-18-08 01:01 PM
    you should NOT buy a screen protector...
    but whe you gouge the face of your berry witha coin or your keys in the pocket...or it slides across the seat and onto the clipboard on the floor (who me?) and you put a half-inch GOUGE across the screen...

you will weep quietly.,..and try to remove the scratch witht the moisture from your tears...(wait that was me...)

O.K. all snide comments aside (I'm sorry its friday and I'm feeling a little snippy)

You should really buy one...

and you really only have two decisions to make..

do you want cheap and easy to replace.. or more expensive and slightly better?

I am generally not cheap but i went for the fellowes brand screen protectors that are cut to fit..easy to apply,,, and cheap.

shieldzone and bestskins ever make great ones but they cost a lot more..

-db
    01-18-08 03:11 PM
    ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

Great company, fast shipping and low price. I change mine about every 3 months.
    01-18-08 03:15 PM
    I ordered the screen protectors are this slight and was finally able to figure out how to put it on. i have no patience, so i screwed one of the 3 up. After I figured it out, it's pretty easy.
    i also bought fellows and actually don't like the look of them too much. It made the screen look to dull.
    01-18-08 05:19 PM
    I got the Body Guardz....LOVE IT!! Full protection: front sides and back. The thing I like the most about it is that it doesn't attract the fingerprints like the naked berry does.
    01-19-08 06:09 AM
    Does the shieldzone or bestskins work well with the leather case that comes with the 8830
    07-31-08 12:24 PM
    I think a screen protector should come with every BB!
    07-31-08 02:49 PM
    I bought an otterbox and love it!
    07-31-08 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD