Hello All -

I currently have the 8830 for Verizon. I've had it for a couple of months now and love it. I switched from an iPhone to the BB (best move ever). I have been watching the forums for a while now and they are great. However, I am having an issue with my screen that I have not seen posted yet.

I have a vertical line (from top to bottom) of my BlackBerry screen. I believe it is a pixel issues. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Some days it is very noticeable and some days it is not.

Thanks in advance.
    Brian
    02-28-08 12:04 PM
    Sounds like the LCD is messed up. Do you have insurance on it? Get it replaced
    02-28-08 12:09 PM
    i dont have that but on my home screen i have a horizontal line on the top there if u look close, its more pronounced if i put a black home screen. You or any one notice that?
    02-28-08 12:17 PM
    Sounds like the LCD is messed up. Do you have insurance on it? Get it replaced
    I do not have the warranty, but I think Verizon offers a 1 year warranty
    02-28-08 03:47 PM
    I switched from an iPhone to the BB (best move ever)
    That's right!

Go Here...
    02-28-08 04:29 PM
    I believe everyone has this on there 8830 ... but its more like a thick bar which holds in the time, date, battery level, signal strength etc. and the buttom line is what pops out most ...like you stated "its more pronounced with a black home screen" ...
    I first noticed this when I purchased a 3rd party theme "iberry blocksv1.2" ... I liked the blocks for the icons but wanted to change the wallpaper ... as soon as I changed the wallpaper I noticed that the wallpaper of the "theme" was still at the top ... it had cut off the top of the wallpaper I had chosen, and it did this to all wallpapers I chose ... (so I obviously figured out that one cannot change the entire wallpaper on every 3rd party theme.)
    After this, I noticed the "bar" with almost every wallpaper I have chosen (even with diff themes)....
    Someone, anyone, please correct me if I am delusional. :P
    02-28-08 04:47 PM
    sorry, i forgot to attatch the quote from strcdan to my post :P
    02-28-08 04:52 PM
    As a follow up to my original email. My one vertical line has multiplied to 2 lines. Looks like its time to go to VZW and get a new one.
    03-04-08 10:55 AM
    This is a defect in the screen itself, common in phones and tvs. I know, being as I work in the television industry. This would be covered under mfg warranty, unless your phone looks really beat up, which they will give you a hard time about.

Do yourself a favor and call tech support first, and ask them to notate the account that you called, so that you can go right in and have it exchanged.

Sadly I have had a TON of experience with exchanging phones under MFG warranty through Verizon, luckily not my 8830 though (**crosses fingers**)
    03-04-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD