Hi, I searched around in my phone and on the forums to find out there is no roam only option on my 8830. I have bad coverage in the lower level of my house and this is a helpful tool when I am down there. on auto it will get a roam signal but it goes back to the weaker sprint anytime it gets the chance obvously. My question is, is there any headway on getting this option? every thread I read about it was pretty old so i'm guessing everyone gave up. Maybe in a 4.3 release? Also is q1 of 08 still valid for 4.3 for the 8830?
    Thanks for all your help
    12-12-07 03:26 PM
    I wish it was available. I cant seem to find it though.
    options > network selection.. only options are Automatic and Home network.

I have a similar situation. I can LITERALLY see the roam tower but Sprint grabs my phone with 0 bars and I cant make/receive a call. I have to hide it under my seat for about 2 minutes to force roam and dial from the floorboard. Ridiculous.
    12-15-07 08:42 PM
    Try this:

Options -> Mobile Network (or just Network) -> Menu Button -> My Preferred Network List
    then highlight the network you roam to, and click the menu button, select "move", and move it to the top.

give it a shot...if it doesn't work, just move it back to the way it was before
    12-15-07 09:12 PM
    Try this:

Options -> Mobile Network (or just Network) -> Menu Button -> My Preferred Network List
    then highlight the network you roam to, and click the menu button, select "move", and move it to the top.

give it a shot...if it doesn't work, just move it back to the way it was before
    Nope, Preferred Network will only come up if you are in GSM mode, and even then, it won't lock on to a GSM tower for me. (I have the global plan and the GSM sim card)
    12-24-07 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD