I was wondering if anyone else has the problem with the ringtones coming off of crackberry being very quiet. I have the volume setting on High, but they are still much much quieter than when i just listen to them in my media settings, does anyone have any ideas?
    04-28-08 12:58 PM
    It's a known problem with the 8830 OS. No fixes as of yet unless you plan on editing the ringtone and boosting the db yourself on it to make it louder.
    04-28-08 03:51 PM
    well super! someone smarter than me should get on that. I take it that boosting the db is not an easy task and must be done on music software on a computer?
    04-28-08 09:35 PM
    It takes no tech suave to do this, I figured it out through a search. I am as wet behind the ears as they come and I did it; however, I did not see a noticable difference in the enhanced ringtones.

I donwloaded wavepad and opened it up. I dragged a mp3 file into it, then went up to the "effects" tab. I opened this and hit amplify. I amplified to 400%. I then saved the file to my pc.

Again, when I put the ringtone on my phone and used it as a ringer, I did not notice the tone as being louder.
    04-28-08 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD