I'm pretty sure I've figured out a possible fix for the 8830 WE ringtone quietness issue.

And actually, it's not a full-on fix, however, I did manage to find a way that may get us Verizon users one step closer to an actual fully functional louder ringtone....

Anyways...
    I looked all over the forum for a fix, because I just got my own Verizon BlackBerry 8830 World Edition and noticed how terribly quiet it was compared to my previous BB 8370 edition.

Also, one thing a lot of people noticed (or may not have) is that if you go to your Media icon on your Applications screen, click on ringtones, and have uploaded ringtones, then click on one to hear it you'll easily notice that the volume is 30 times louder than your actual ringtone.

Well while listening to my current ringtone in the Media section at its very nice loud volume I happened to click my Apps button to open the options...
    and that's where I noticed the option of "Activate Handset"....
    I clicked it, and sure enough, there was my dinky... not loud at all... actual ringtone setting volume.
    So then I clicked apps to open the options again and noticed that the previous "Activate Handset" had changed to "Activate Speakerphone".

So,
    here's an answer to one of our tricky problems...
    * The reason why ringtones play louder in the Media section is simply because they are literally defaultly played through the Speakerphone.

Now...
    I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find any way to make the ringer go through speakerphone instead of the handset for my normal ringtone...

So, if anyone has any idea as to how to simply make the default ringer come through the speakerphone (which I have no idea how to do) then our problem will be solved.

Any ideas?

PS - This is my first post on the forums here, so forgive me if someone figured this part out already... but from what I found I didn't see anyone bring this idea to the table yet..... so I'm just trying to help out my fellow Verizon BB users who obviously have the same problem
    Last edited by easyluckyfree06; 05-22-08 at 09:51 PM.
    05-22-08 05:45 PM
    Nice and interesting finds, but when your phone rings, it's definatly coming through your speakers and not the headset.
    05-22-08 06:57 PM
    Nice and interesting finds, but when your phone rings, it's definatly coming through your speakers and not the headset.
    Ahh, yeah, I actually meant to type "Handset", but typed headset.
    05-22-08 09:52 PM
    That's what I meant. The ringer comes out of the back speakers, not the small one you put up to your ear when someone calls you.
    05-22-08 09:58 PM
    i am having the same problem, i never hear my phone, and i miss everyones calls, i have resorted to using the annoying ringtones that come with my phone. someone please help!
    05-25-08 01:02 PM
    Count me in for being frustrated as **** with this issue.
    06-22-08 01:46 PM
    someone please help!
    Why don't you ask RIM. They are the ones that have to fix this. Even Alltel's 8830 has the same issue. It affects ALL 8830s from ALL carriers.
    06-22-08 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD