Had to exchange my 8830we for a new one. Did a backup utilizing the desktop software and restored it to the new phone. My email (pop3) account appears with all of my earlier emails but IS NOT "established" with the bb. When I go into email settings, nothing is there. I have since recreated the account, diff name, to establish an email connection but I would I either transfer the info from that account over or more importantly, "find" that account and edit it, delete it or anything else?
    03-23-08 02:28 PM
    You have to redo it altogether. Since you have a different Berry, you now have a different pin and imei number and the sort. You have to go in to change all of these numbers and reset it up. That includes making another log in name for BIS for the new Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 02:46 PM
    You have to redo it altogether. Since you have a different Berry, you now have a different pin and imei number and the sort. You have to go in to change all of these numbers and reset it up. That includes making another log in name for BIS for the new Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude, shut up with your wrong *** posts man. YOU ARE SPREADING NOTHING BUT INCORRECT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The correct thing to do is to log into your carrier's BIS site and then you will get a prompt to change phones. If you do not, just select change device form the BIS menu. Enter the new PIN and IMEI and the service books will be sent to the new phone. The Verizon BIS site is as follows. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

I'm sorry MODS if this was too direct at Apollo, but he's just recently posting dead wrong info and causing people to mess up their stuff.
    03-23-08 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD