i searched the forums and i couldnt find a straight answer on how to reset my 8830 back to its default settings. i want to erase everything. can someone please give me quick instructions on how to do that. thanks
    12-05-08 02:46 PM
    Verify that you have a backup copy of your BlackBerry� device data.
    CAUTION: If you have turned on content protection, the process for deleting all device data can take up to an hour to complete. You
    cannot stop the process after you start it. If you reset your device, the process continues after the device restarts.
    1. In the device options, click Security Options.
    2. Click General Settings.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Wipe Handheld.
    5. To delete all third-party applications, select the Include third-party applications check box.
    6. Click Continue.
    7. Type blackberry.
    12-05-08 07:23 PM

I've been looking for this! TY for the directions - searching for things beats writing new threads.
    12-12-08 07:57 PM
    what is the default password to do this?
    01-21-09 03:23 PM
    Verify that you have a backup copy of your BlackBerry� device data.
    CAUTION: If you have turned on content protection, the process for deleting all device data can take up to an hour to complete. You
    cannot stop the process after you start it. If you reset your device, the process continues after the device restarts.
    1. In the device options, click Security Options.
    2. Click General Settings.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Wipe Handheld.
    5. To delete all third-party applications, select the Include third-party applications check box.
    6. Click Continue.
    7. Type blackberry.
    What all will this entail? Will this bring it back to the factory specs? What if you have a different OS on it? Will it bring back stuff that was deleted, like Help, BrickBreaker, etc? or does the OS need to be re-installed to get those back?
    01-21-09 05:08 PM
    What all will this entail? Will this bring it back to the factory specs? What if you have a different OS on it? Will it bring back stuff that was deleted, like Help, BrickBreaker, etc? or does the OS need to be re-installed to get those back?
    This will wipe all personal information off of the device. It will not downgrade your system back to 4.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:25 PM
    what is the default password to do this?
    There is no password to do this unless you put one on the device with the device manager.

01-21-09 06:26 PM
    This will wipe all personal information off of the device. It will not downgrade your system back to 4.2.

Yeah, I kind of figured. It just wipes personal info off, like clears the address book, etc. right?
    01-21-09 06:31 PM
    Yeah, I kind of figured. It just wipes personal info off, like clears the address book, etc. right?
    That is all that it will do.

01-21-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD