So here's a new one: my son was putting a 4 GB memory card in my 8830 WE and he put it in the SIM slot instead of the memory card slot. I got another memory card and put it in the right place and it works fine but I can't get the first one out of the SIM slot. Any idea on how to open that slot? It's pushed so far up there I can't see it. I used a little star-shaped screwdriver to remove the casing but that didn't get me deep enough to open the slot. It's mildly urgent because I'm going to Cabo in ten days and I think I need a SIM card for when I'm there.
    07-22-08 08:35 AM
    That definitely is a new one...

I will try to find a link... http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry

The only thing I could come up with watch the video and try to see how to remove from SIM card slot, but I am honestly not sure.

Is there a way to unlock it on the 8300 WE? On the Curve there is a SIM card holder and a microSD holder that work the same way...
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 07-22-08 at 08:40 AM.
    07-22-08 08:37 AM
    Tweezers - lab or electronic tweezers can be longer/thinner.. Good luck
    07-22-08 08:51 AM
    I used a pocket knife.
    07-22-08 09:10 AM
    Low profile tweasers is the best. Do it with the battery pulled out of course so you don't short the contacts on the slot (hopefully the memory card didn't already do that). The tweasers from a Swiss Army Knife would work well.
    07-22-08 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD